Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pancakes for breakfast – let's have your recipes!
  • ourmaninthenorth

So, both the porridge threads have got me thinking (and I’m hungry).

Being a current user of the Eating Plan That Dare Not Speak Its Name, I have one day off the eggs. Saturday mornings are devoted to family breakfast, and we’re going through a(nother) pancake phase.

Am currently making American style using self raising flour and some blueberries doused in maple syrup (nutella for Toddler North).

Share your recipes..!

docrobster
    Free Member

At weekends we sometimes have pancakes. Kids hoover ’em up.
    we follow nigella’s recipe
    I like bacon and maple syrup on mine, but we usually have a big bowl of different fruit, apples, raspberries, oranges etc and we all just tuck in. Nom Nom as they say

Junkyard
    Free Member

pancake mix and chocolate chip cookies – they come out runny if you do a thickish mix and pancake

Mash a banana into it.
    I prefer to just do a pancake and put some fruit on top tbh – sometimes coooked sometimes not

Not sure what the ege thing refers to tbh but mine are egg free

johndoh
    Free Member

Sugar

Freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice.

bearnecessities

Lemon, sugar. BOOM

Ro5ey
    Free Member

My little girl loves making pancakes with me early on a saturday morning.

Not sure we’ve got much in the way of recipes though… Some flour, an egg, a grind of salt, bit of milk … away you go that’s the beauty of them… you can’t go wrong.

Although adding a melted knob of butter into the mixture does improve it quite alot… this was new to me until a year ago.

Toppings … Nutella for her, lemon and a little sugar for me

johndoh
    Free Member

Nigella’s recipe – why use plain + baking powder? Surely self raising is just that?

johndoh
    Free Member

And make them to the ’traditional’ recipe as flat pancakes – any left over, bung another egg in and they make superb Yorkshires.

In fact we tell our kids the Yorkshires on a Sunday dinnertime are pancakes and they vacuum them up.

messiah
    Free Member

Mashed banana, grated apple and some cinnamon through the batter (plain flour, eggs, milk and salt). I saw Jamie Oliver do it once and tried it… there is nothing not to like (apart from his face).

Serve with crispy bacon (american style) and maple syrup… my kids LOVE Sunday mornings.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Go ‘paleo’ style – banana + egg + almond nut butter, sounds weird but surprisingly tasty 😉

dmw536
    Free Member

Treated myself to pancakes this morning, flour egg milk for the batter.
    Topped with yoghurt, honey, raspberrys and some granolla type cereal stuff. Tasted great!

andytherocketeer

why use plain + baking powder? Surely self raising is just that?

not everywhere has SR flour (which I think is a british, or maybe american thing?). Can only get normal + baking powder here.

Bacon + Maple Syrup on pancakes for me.

ourmaninthenorth

Cool. Some thoughts there.

FWIW for breakfast we find the smaller, puffed up american style nicer than British flat ones. Shrove Tuesday is all about British style.

Might do some whipped cream this Sat for the full cholesterol experience. Like the bowl of fruit suggestion.

oddjob
    Free Member

We used to go for nigellas buttermilk pancakes, but i now make paleo pancakes
    2 mashed bananas
    2 eggs
    Coconut
    Ground almonds
    Cooked in butter

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pancakes for breakfast – let's have your recipes!’ is closed to new replies.