Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Pancakes!
  • jonnyboi

Lemon and sugar to start, obviously…. followed by Nutella and then banana and caramel.

savoury pancakes for tea,  red pesto, spinach, tomato and Wensleydale cheese

onandon
    Free Member

Change your user name to fatboi.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Being a middle class tw6t who used to live in Islington, we are going full Yotam

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/feb/10/turmeric-pancakes-coronation-chicken-recipe-yotam-ottolenghi

However, Swedish tradition today on “Fat Day” is semlor

chakaping
    Free Member

One cheese & ham pancake for my brekkies, job done.

FuzzyWuzzy

I still haven’t found a better combo than maple syrup and squirty cream

Mister-P
    Free Member

Pancake day today? That creped up on me again.

Yes, I know it’s actually Shrove Tuesday but the joke doesn’t work as well.

weeksy

Big American style fluffy ones for my lad this morning. Raisins and Cranberries in them, syrup and banana on top…. he’s stuffing his face.

Granola and natural yoghurt for me… Sigh.

DezB
    Free Member

Can you buy ready-made, microwavable ones? I can’t be arsed to make batter and fry the things just for me.

chakaping
    Free Member

Aldi do packs of nice microwaveable crepes Dez.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

that is very depressing

carlos
    Free Member

As a desert just a little lemon and sugar. nom nom

Milkie
    Free Member

I’ve prepared my Strawberry Compote and shredded Chicken ready for tonight. I’ve just gotta make the pancake and American pancake batter at lunch ready for this evening.

Going to do these tonight

Creamy chicken, spinach and pancetta pancakes

We’ll also be having:
    American Bacon n Cheese with Broccoli and Maple Syrup
    Kinder Egg Pancakes
    Nutella and about a million other sweet pancakes with some form of Chocolate
    Maple Syrup and Squirty cream now added!

Will 12 eggs be enough for 3 people tho..

DezB
    Free Member

howsyourdad1

that is very depressing

What? My pancakes for one? No it’s not! 😀

FuzzyWuzzy

The microwave pancakes are a bit grim and chewy – I have them occasionally as snacks (last for ages in the cupboard). Mind you I do get the the “it’s a lot of faff for one person” thing, especially as I tend to make quite a lot of batter thinking I’m starving then after 3 pancakes I’m full.

American Bacon n Cheese with Broccoli and Maple Syrup

Broccoli?!?! Get out!!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

None of your fancy middle class fillings in this house. Frying pan sized pancakes covered in treacle, lemon juice and sugar. Eat as many as we can until feeling ill 🙂

maccruiskeen

Must pull my finger out and make ‘Emperor Pancakes’ this year. My dad used to make them when I was little based on a recipe in Mrs Beaton

It involves used whisked egg whites folded in the batter so they’re thick and airy – building up a stack of these fluffy pancakes with suger and lemon between the layers then slicing the stack like a cake.

Phwoor.

DezB
    Free Member

covered in treacle

I hope you mean syrup! Treacle yuech!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

nah its cool, I’m just impressed that one egg, some flour and some milk whisked in a jug and then fried is too much trouble.     its a fascinating world.

If you can wait a day i’ll send you one in a jiffy bag. minimal effort, although I can confirm you may have to open the envelope.

chvck
    Free Member

I’m going to be seriously offensive to many on here and have chickpea pancakes as I don’t eat dairy.

fossy

Office colleagues are just microwaving pre made pancakes.  I’ll resist.

Homemade for the win

senorj

Jif lemon and brown sugar = old school ftw.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m just impressed that one egg, some flour and some milk whisked in a jug and then fried is too much trouble.

Lol! It would be ok if that was my dinner, but I’ll have to cook that too. Lasagne ain’t gonna microwave itself ya know. 😉

It’s the frying – makes the kitchen all smoky. Can’t be bothered with it.

Fossy’s colleagues have it sussed 🙂

Also – you can’t buy eggs in ones.

matt_outandabout

A trip to Canada nearly 20 years ago confirmed pancakes as an oab house regular feature. Today therefore started with a double batch, wolfed down by all. Maple syrup and banana ftw for me.

I cam get a batch knocked up in the time it takes for the pan to heat now.

Always homemade.

Nico
    Free Member

This should have been prefixed “PSA”, Shirley?

Lemon only, here.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

“Also – you can’t buy eggs in ones”    don’t start that one!

Ok have a good pancake today whichever way the mood takes you!

lunge

YES! Lemon and sugar as a starter, ice cream and chocolate buttons for dessert. Lovely.

DezB
    Free Member

Thanks howsyourdad1 🙂 I’ll probably have a good Tuesday, rather than a good pancake day tbh

onandon
    Free Member

Sorry folks. Can we give this joke the time it deserves please.

MisterP
    Pancake day today? That creped up on me again.

Bad, but I bet you’ll use it.

mahalo

pancakes a regular sunday breakfast in our gaff too, just lemon ad sugar for me, kids have nutella. never made a savoury one tho, ham & cheese going in this weekend!!

wwaswas

sbob
    Free Member

English style with sugar and lemon, *cooked in coconut oil.

Canadian style (whisked whites) with ice cream and maple syrup, cooked in butter.

Got some distant relatives in Canada that I’ve never met but they send me maple syrup from their family farm every year, all branded with our family name, how cool is that!?

*can’t recommend this enough. £2.50 for a big tub from your local mini-mart or Afro hairdresser, too expensive in supermarkets.

johndoh
    Free Member
    howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Afro dresser. just so I know, is that ok?

awesomeness with he family maple sizzup!  (as my lad calls it)

grenosteve
    Free Member

I have pancakes a few times a week at the moment, love them!

Top tip, protein shake bottles make pancake batter really fast and easy!

Had thick American style blueberry and chia seed pancakes, with melted butter and brown sugar, for tea last night.  🙂

Will have the same tonight, but probably twice as much!

sbob
    Free Member

Me and my local ‘fro dresser both use KTC coconut oil. Just seen Morrison’s do it for £1.98!

mahalo

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>The Daily Mash nails it as always</span>

i digress but its a shame the tv show version dosent nail it! hell fire, ‘foot through the screen’ tele if ever i saw it. bunch on ****s.

mikertroid
    Free Member

1. Nutella,  mixed berries and squirty cream.

2. Yogurt honey and banana.

I do pancakes at least once a week. Only half way through eating them this morning did I realise it’s pancake day…..

fossy

Still not had any..

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Completely thrown an hour ago by better half making lunch pancakes… 1 thin with lemon juice; 1 thick with half teaspoon of salted caramel sauce; 1 thick with tablespoon of peanut butter.

That’s fuel for upcoming Zwift session sorted then!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Pancakes!’ is closed to new replies.