Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Palletised Collection – Leeds to Glos
  • Speeder

Anyone had any luck getting something picked up and put on a pallet and delivered back to them?

I’ve got a set of van wheels I’d like collected from Leeds and brought to Glos (it’s a 340 mile round trip I’d like to avoid if possible). The wheels are loose and would need bundling up.

Anyone done this and if so who/what did you use?

Cheers

Gary

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m guessing they’re not just rubbish old steel ones you’d risk just having pallet wrap and sticky labels slapped on them so they’ll need to be properly packed – otherwise just book them as 4 parcels, it’ll be a lot cheaper than a pallet.

Where in Leeds and do you have access to someone who will move the pallet once or is packed?

Rich_s

Paisley Freight have an option for 4 x wheels and tyres as a “special” for £39.99. Never used that option so DYOR about packing etc.

stevedoc
    Free Member

I work for a transport company who like most are subbed out. One of the main collection agents are Speedshift .. Long and short book it on their webpage , they will arrange the carrier you just make sure the goods are secure and wrapped to a pallet and do not over hand the pallet base . Book the collection date and delivery address stating delivery date and providing contact details (numbers ) and service level AM PM call 30 mins before .. ring to arrange delivery date ect..
    Job done carrier collects goods and delivers in a timely fashion..

Speeder

Wheels are steels fitted with Winters so nothing precious

Just look up the Paisley Freight option and they need to be packaged and the vendor isn’t offering that – they’re just 4 wheels & tyres but I expect given the load rating that they’ll be heavy. The 4 package idea might work but I’d need someone to process them.

Speedshift look similar in that they deal with a pallet. Prices look good but need someone to stick it on one first.

As to the part of Leeds? I don’t yet know he’s not come back to me on that yet.

andrewh
    Free Member

Whenever anyone on here mentions Paisley Freight I feel compelled to chip in and go NOOO!!!! Bunch of cowboys. Not terribly interesting story but I would give them a very wide berth.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Shipley? Using them more and more for odd sized stuff.
    For instance we have a collection booked for Friday on 2x 2.5m sign posts and a sign 1.5m x 1.2m
    Delivering Durham on Sat AM for £75. From Bristol
    That would be mega bucks in any palletised service.

Speeder

Shipley looks useful cheers TheDTs – they’ve even got an eBay import facility which is useful. See what they come back with.

phil5556

Whenever anyone on here mentions Paisley Freight I feel compelled to chip in and go NOOO!!!! Bunch of cowboys. Not terribly interesting story but I would give them a very wide berth.

I’ve used them a couple of times and had no issues, they’re just a booking agent (?) though for other couriers.

I’ve actually been to the guys house to drop a van seat off, he helped me put it in the back of a van. Apparently later that afternoon another van arrives to empty the one sitting outside the guys house. Seemed an odd set up.

Daffy

Paisley screwed me on a shipment of 4 wheels. They lost one of them, made no attempt to locate it just told me to claim, but would only allow me to claim 25% (minus costs) of the £800 insurance as “75% was delivered”. No amount of arguments would convince them that 3 wheels on a car doesn’t work and that the value of a replacement wheel and tyre to complete the set was over £650.

Utter bunch of bar stewards. No attempt (at all) to try and find it. The actual courier wouldn’t speak to me (as it was booked by paisley) and it took hours to get through to paisley and even when you did, it would either disconnect or you’d get the same – fill in a claim form BS.

The value of a service isn’t when everything goes according to plan, it’s how they behave and treat you when things go wrong.

DON’T USE PAISLEY FREIGHT!

fooman

I bought some wheels from a collect only eBay seller, offered him a tenner to wrap them (maybe bin bags can’t remember) and arranged 4x parcel collections. I’d look at Shipley now as well as someone will take care of or not require wrapping, or likes of p4d.co.uk for a pallet quote but I doubt it’s cheaper.

monkeyboyjc

Man with a  van?

TheDTs
    Free Member

That is basically what Shipley is. It’s a portal for the punter to advertise the consignment and for people with vans to bid on the job. We use a regular guy who does the M4 corridor and M5 south from Bristol. I did think he would be a cheaper way to get to Heathrow than a coach though not sure the wife and kids would want to sit in the back of his van with all the packages!🤣

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Palletised Collection – Leeds to Glos’ is closed to new replies.