• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by brads.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Paisley Freight, check the small print.
  • Premier Icon weeksy

Sold the Parkwood last week, sent by Paisley Freight.

Just had an email as it was apparently 6cm too long, £40 extra.

Not inspired but so far past caring at the moment, so just paid it.

But just making you aware.

Premier Icon stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Hate to say fair enough but that extra 6cm might mean they need to use a different van/process somewhere.

Premier Icon weeksy

might, maybe… but still not convinced it’s reasonable. As far as i read “ship a bicycle….” my bicycle arrived in a box… i assumed that box was OK…. clearly it wasn’t.

It doesn’t much matter in the grand scheme of things, but to someone it could easily be a deal breaker.

Premier Icon intheborders
    Free Member

Do you also complain about the Post Office when you don’t put enough postage on to cover the weight of your package?

Premier Icon DezB

I don’t read any “complaining” in what weeksy wrote. Just useful info.

Premier Icon spacey

Same happened to a mate of mine and it was less than 6cm, similarly he just sucked it up. Useful to let other people know and to be super careful about measurements. I read the OP as a recommend/warning to others to be careful, not a complaint as such.

Premier Icon doomanic

Considering it’s £26.99 to ship a bike, charging £40 for being 6cm oversize does seem a little excessive.

Premier Icon zilog6128

I send a lot of parcels so it’s something I’m all too aware of! I can see why someone who doesn’t though might not think of it. All couriers are the same tbh. Often I think it’s down to whether it fits on their auto conveyer thingy otherwise there’s a manual handling charge. Doesn’t matter whether it’s 6cm or 60cm, if it don’t fit it don’t fit! £40 does sound excessive though!! Half that with DPD if it’s oversize. (£70 with DHL mind so maybe OP got off lightly!!)

Premier Icon Northwind

I posted some car wheels with them recently and tbh some of the rules were obviously designed to let them get out of paying compensation for damage rather than being actual sensible rules. Not a great sign.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

and tbh some of the rules were obviously designed to let them get out of paying compensation for damage rather than being actual sensible rules. Not a great sign.

You’ve clearly misunderstood or misread. That’s the sole purpose of all the rules.

(if you’re really lucky and they accept its not your fault they’ll compensate under CMR at £8/kg instead of RHA 1.30/kg)

Premier Icon brads

Should have told them to let the tyres down and give each end a kick.

That’s taking the piss a bit tbh.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.