Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • painters & Decorators day rate?
  • slowuphill
    Free Member

What is the going day rate for a painter & decorator??

joe1983
    Free Member

£80 a day oop north, maybe more down south

chakaping
    Free Member

Depends how good they are and if they’re dodging tax.

Definitely more than £80 a day down south, £100+.

matt_outandabout

£3.27 and a packet of Walkers?

colande
    Free Member

yup what joe says,
    £10 an hour is fair

steve_b77
    Free Member

The one we’re using for our front bedroom is alot less than that 😉

If you’re in Cheshire drop me a mail at steUNDERSCOREbowmanAThotmailDOTcom

cynic-al
    Free Member

I paid £90 for one a while ago, he was crap. Previous one charge maybe double but did more than twice the work, to a higher standard. This in Edinburgh.

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

I am one living in Shropshire. Charge £120 a day and getting plenty of work. Seems to be about standard rate around here for anyone decent.

moog77
    Free Member

a saying up here in the highlands. ” if you can piss you can paint ” if you can be bothered do it yourself, im a chippie i know the painters are less than us, around £10 -£12 ph cash in hand up here…..

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Theres also a saying “bit of putty, lick of paint, makes a carpenter what he aint”

Dibbs
    Free Member

I do it for free to stop the wife nagging for a millisecond 🙂

grizzlygus
    Free Member

” if you can piss you can paint ”

I’ve heard that saying many times down South too. It’s a nasty saying which I particularly dislike – it’s all down to speed, at an acceptable standard, for a given price. Not many amateurs can compete with a professional on that criteria.

And as Hector says, painters have to hide a multitude of sins committed by carpenters – although I hadn’t heard that saying before.

Anyway, the OP didn’t say he just wanted just “a painter”, he said a painter & decorator – perhaps he’s got a lot of wall papering which needs doing ?

moog77
    Free Member

i hate painting. havent the patience, agree with you on the quality aspect though……… painters dont need putty for my woodwork, only the nail holes……

dave_aber
    Free Member

Remember – Good / Quick / Cheap.

You can have any 2 of these, but never all 3.

TaylorWade
    Free Member

“If you can piss you can paint”
    Daft ****. can you piss for 12 hours without stopping?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

LOL !

Soup
    Free Member

£120 a day or £100 mates rates is what I charge. Been booked solid for the last year. I’m in Surrey. It may be true that anyone can paint, but it’s the finish (especially gloss) and cutting in that makes a difference. That together with punctuality, tidiness and finishing on schedule that makes the difference. I don’t advertise – all referrals and word of mouth.

moog77
    Free Member

some dude sent me mail, touchy guys on here . worse things in life than a small jibe… come on….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘painters & Decorators day rate?’ is closed to new replies.