Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Paint or leave raw/polished?
  • oxym0r0n

Just got our bathroom re-done and there are copper pipes going to the (Chrome) towel rail and to the vanity sink in the toilet (1930s house) so…

White suite, slate effect floor, brick style bevelled tiles with concrete coloured grout -typical hipster stuff…

Opinions please though – pipes are a mixture of new and old, so do I sand all the older pipes back to copper and polish all of them up or do I paint all of them white to match skirting/walls?

Thanks in advance!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Chrome pipe sleeves and collars?

oxym0r0n

perchypanther – I’d originally thought about putting chrome sleeves on but there are too many bends/kinks I think unfortunately.

Good to get a sensible response for a fist reply though!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Get the copper replaced with chrome pipework then.

Or paint it or box it in.

Exposed copper will always look unfinished as it’ll oxidise and tarnish in weeks.

BillMC

‘for a fist reply though!’

bloody neds

joshvegas
    Free Member

Fine wire  wool the pipes to give you a sheen on the old and knock back the new pipe shine.

Copper will look goid against what you’ve described.

And fit with you hipster colourway/aesthetic.

oxym0r0n

‘for a fist reply though!’

bloody neds

:’,-()

johnners
    Free Member

Exposed copper will always look unfinished as it’ll oxidise and tarnish in weeks

Just put a coat of lacquer on the copper finish and it’ll stay bright without need for further messing about.

timba
    Free Member

Have a look at Incralac

oxym0r0n

Great recommendation timba – thanks. Might give the copper finish thing a go…

neilnevill
    Free Member

out if interest, can chromed pipes be bent or does the chrome, being much much harder, crack and flake?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Paint or leave raw/polished?’ is closed to new replies.