Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • All STW doctors and medical types to the thread please. Diagnose me.
  • woody2000

Looks more like Phytophotodermatitis to me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytophotodermatitis

honeybadgerx

Hogweed maybe? If you were cycling through a bit of vegetation? Nasty stuff

franksinatra

Do you have a cold at the moment, have you been sneezing?

Just wondering if snot splatter has been ruled out.

I sneezed the other day and had very similar slime on my hands.

simonm
    Free Member

The only cure…

willard

You get warned about some great stuff caused by Sand Flies in AFG. Not really painful, not really itchy, just a bit red for a bit. Then they blister to hell and back and you need effectively chemo to kill the damn stuff off.

Cellulitis you say? My wife had that after a horse fly bite. Did not look like that. Looked inflamed and red, but not blistered.

Bunnyhop

Where exactly were you riding Hoops? Just so I can avoid that area 😉

Get wll soon.

Clong
    Free Member

Giant Hogweed, ‘fer sure. Had it a few times, worst was from knee cap to ankle.

Not to sure what TJ means by “to long” though.

nickf
    Free Member

Cellulitis, if it’s anything like I had, will make your leg go bright red, swell to an unfeasible size, and be painful to the touch. You’ll have a raging temperature, and if you don’t sort it, will be admitted to hospital for intravenous antibiotics.

It just doesn’t look like cellulitis to me.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Clong – its ten days ago he got whatever it was. I thought but am not sure that hogweed burns appeared almost immediatly

willard

That’s two people on an internet forum that think your doctor is wrong. DEMAND a second opinion from that quack immediately, or we will be forced to blog furiously about this injustice.

If we can be bothered.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Agreed. Doesn’t look like cellulitis to me either

My mate is a dermatologist. I’ll ask him for you…

wwaswas

My mate is a dermatologist. I’ll ask him

I say, that’s hardly in the spirit of these things is it!

It’s supposed to be a bunch of ill informed amateurs winding the OP up, not trained professionals who know what they’re talkign about offering sensible advice (dr_death is excused because of his login name).

therealhoops
    Free Member

I fully expect to be back at the quacks and oh you just know it’s gonna be phytophotodermatitis.

And cue six weeks of raging sunshine that I won’t be allowed out in 🙁

j3ffo – cheers dude, all help appreciated.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Ok spoke with the dermatologist. He says it’s Cat Aids & a slow painful death am afraid 🙂

wwaswas

yay for the dermatologist 🙂

Drac

Celluitis would be my guess caused due to the earlier bite.

Giant Hogweed is more aggressive and yes it’s very quick certainly not 10 days.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Its george hincapie disease 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

Flat Line

Clong
    Free Member

Ah, see what you mean TJ. When I’ve had hogweed burns, the redness and itching starts at first then the blisters show up after about a week. My calf still has scars from it from about 10 years ago.

portlyone

Maybe ask roper to double count his inventory just to be sure?

therealhoops
    Free Member

Cat AIDS update: the medieval skin infection is clearing up nicely. The redness is nearly all gone, the blisters are nearly all gone and there’s some hefty scaring for the chicks to dig. The only arse pain now is the incessant itching all around my shin. Seriously, I’m having to be physically restrained from the sandpaper cupboard. The antihistamines are taking the edge off but the only thing that really helps is the anaesthetic in germoline.

ooh it’s itchy!

I suspect it’ll stop when the antibollocks run out.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘All STW doctors and medical types to the thread please. Diagnose me.’ is closed to new replies.