Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Packed lunch transportation
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

So what does the office worker of today use to transport their leftovers to work the next day?
    Sure a plain old tupperware works, but isn’t there anything a little more inspiring?
    Maybe with its own bag or carrying handle so i don’t just take it in an old plastic carrier bag.

Andy_K

Sistema are the lunch box daddies. Loads of different systems. Available in supermarkets.

I just use clip lock tubs.

richmars

Fake Tupperware in pannier.
    Some days I get to work without having to re-build the sandwich.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Tupperware box chucked in rucksack with all your other detritus.

binners

Murray

Sistema really but bento box if you’re after something inspiring

Freester

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Display your material success and manly outdoorsman persona by using a SIGG food box

jonba
    Free Member

Perhaps you could upcycle something like an old tool box

or games console

joshvegas
    Free Member
    eckinspain
    Free Member

Now we’re talking – that games console is great!
    I like the metal tiffin tins but ideally it would have plastic boxes inside as I’ll usually be heating it up in a microwave.

flashes
    Free Member

I assume sticking food in an empty bread bag and stuffing it down the front of your jersey like me is uncool??

johndoh
    Free Member

I use those plastic cartons like you get at take-aways and throw them in my bag. In fact we use them for everything – all batch cooking goes into them too so we have a universal unit of storing and transporting. We used to collect them from take-aways but they were always slightly different sizes so didn’t stack well so we binned them all and bought a load from Sainsburys.

ninfan
    Free Member

Onya wrap is the mums faviroute round here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-Onya-Lunch-Sandwich-Food-Wrapper-Eco-Reusable-/291158234674

Not to be confused with onacup

DrP

Thought for the day..

“What if I had a cool lunch tote? “

I literally have no answer..

DrP

eckinspain
    Free Member

I literally have no answer..

Well, thanks for replying anyway – very constructive.

The Bento boxes mentioned above look lovely, and they’re microwaveable too.

DrP

Sorry, that wasn’t a dig at you – it was a dig at the leather tote link posted above!

Apologies if it appeared rude (which, if one hadn’t read the link, it did)

I don’t bring my lunch to work as often as I should. And by that, I mean never. What if I had a cool lunch tote? It might not help… but at the very least, it’s a fun project to practice some hand-sewing and to make something interesting.

Lately I’ve been inspired by a number of Japanese leather craft books… such meticulous stitching and thoughtful design. After seeing an interesting small tote in one, I knew I had to try my hand at my own design. I wanted to make it out of one piece of leather, and you can make this that way, but a large cross isn’t an efficient way to chop up your hide – hence me cutting the flaps separate. I had a really amazing hide to work with and just couldn’t waste any.

I had a bento box, whcih in the end was just a pricey lunch box.
    The thing about solid boxes is that when empty, they are still the same size.
    I’ve got a fold up insulated bag, and find silver foil is the best thing for sandwiches. the benefit is once you’ve scoffed lunch, the bag packs down real small…

DrP – not rude, promise!

donks
    Free Member

Sigg lunch box…. I never knew? I don’t care if it’s silly money I’m getting one.

I end up stuffing Tupperware style things into the bag but as it’s a small messenger bag the tubs end up on their side and can leak if there’s chilli or curry etc in them… so I then wrap cling film round the tub as well.

The sigg will end all that though.

sirromj

I’ve never connected lunch boxes with a need for inspiration.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MuttermutterLinfordChristiemuttermutter

eckinspain
    Free Member

Ah right! I quickly looked at the leather tote and thought it looked ridiculous so I didn’t spot the quote you referred to.

I’m not sure how good the Bento boxes would be at keeping in liquids and I hate it when they leak all over my bag.

Maybe i just need to change my lunch options!

slowoldman

I have a Sigg box which is good for sandwiches, but for stuff that needs a leakproof seal those click lock plastic boxes are better.

We have a couple of Indian chaps in the office just now who bring lunch in their tiffin boxes. The smell drives me mad, especially when I’ve just got a cheese butty.

ninfan
    Free Member

MuttermutterLinfordChristiemuttermutter

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Packed lunch transportation’ is closed to new replies.