Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • package holiday where i can get a few days riding… where?
  • meeeee
    Free Member

wife wants to book a package holiday all inclusive type thing this year rather than a trip abroad with the car that involves lots of driving.

So where’s a nice beachy sunny waterpark type place that also has a bit of riding nearby and decent bike hire options?

I’m thinking Mallorca will fit the bill, but anywhere else to consider? Can be road or mtb riding, but i’m guessing road bike hire will be cheaper.

martinhutch

Lake Garda? Waterparks/Theme Parks at the southern end, excellent riding/hire at the top.

nickjb
    Free Member

Malaga area? Plenty of beach resorts around and cracking MTB riding just inland (and probably roadie stuff too but that’s not my area). There’s a few guiding companies based there who rent bikes or I’m sure you can DIY it.

taxi25
    Free Member

If you don’t mind road rides you could go more or less anywhere. Mrs taxi and myself go to various places on the Costa Blanca,some very good riding there. loads of pro teams out there at the moment, they don’t all go to Mallorca.

meeeee
    Free Member

yeah dont mind road riding, just need somewhere with readily available hire as probably wont be able to take my bike as well as all the other stuff for wife and kids.

Lake Garda looks nice, will check out malaga and costa blanca too, thanks

vmgscot

Fuengirola (near Malaga) and hook up with Sierra Cycling – they do MTB day rides and have bike hire.

turbo1397
    Free Member

As above. Malaga area and then hook up with Sierramtb..

peachos
    Free Member

Ibiza – http://rideibiza.com/

Went year before last & took my bike and found some good trails. I didn’t end up riding with Ride Ibiza due to schedule (was there for a wedding), but was in contact with Ash and he seemed like a good dude – was happy to point me in the direction of the good trails nearby.

There was a STW feature on it too.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

I’m off with Sierra mtb in a couple of weeks…Can’t wait! First time on a biking holiday, just fettling with my bike now to make sure it’s ready! Couldn’t believe it when the Mrs suggested I book myself on a biking holiday as a break from the rain!

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Madeira? In the airport waiting for a flight home as I write this. Didn’t do any riding out here unfortunately as I’ve been sick as a dog, but place is amazing, and some good riding and good guides as per a previous thread I read on here.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Tenerife if you’re feeling brave…

StefMcDef
    Free Member

The hilly hinterland of the Algarve is very accessible from the coast, a bit cooler, beautiful countryside, high standard of food and accommodation, cheap at current exchange rates. Was there for a cheap week in the sun last June. I just hired a road bike from a local bike shop and headed into the hills every day I was there. Would highly recommend it.

anotherstan
    Free Member

tenerife/ lavatrax. just back from another week there over the new year.
    darran has several very nice kingdom (ti) full sus 650b bikes for hire, or bring yer own (like me).
    siam park is rated the best water park in the world (according to trip advisor) and after spending a day there, I can see why… fun for all the family.
    what more do you need?

Trekster

Have a look at Crete. My boss holidays there with his family.
    http://www.martinbike.com/en/index.php

hammyuk
    Free Member

Add the fact that All Inclusive in Golf Adeje can be had for around £300 inc flights……

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Neilson? Brilliant holidays. Lots to do, missus will be dead happy, plenty of riding to be had. Vassiliki and messing for best off road riding. Good deals early season. http://Www.neilson.com

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘package holiday where i can get a few days riding… where?’ is closed to new replies.