Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Packable gore tex jacket.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

In the market for a gore tex jacket that can be stowed away in a back jersey pocket. My current 3 year old Gore Bike Wear one can just about fit in a back jersey pocket with a lot of effort and with some of it still sticking out. Are any of the newer ones more packable? Or ones by another make?

Cheers.

jonba
    Free Member

I think you’ll really struggle. Montane do some pretty light kit and some of theirs might fit in a jersey pocket (it is not goretex but is a clone).

Does it need to be waterproof? I get away with a windproof on most of my rides as if you start out not wearing it then chances are you won’t need a full waterproof jacket. If the weather is that bad that you need a jacket I often end up wearing it at the start.

stevied
    Free Member

Berghaus Goretex Paclite shell can be packed very small (think tin of beans size) but are quite expensive and not bike-specific

HindlePie
    Free Member

This

Not cheap, but very packable and very light.

Speshpaul

montane, here very good.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Marmot nanowick.. Not goretex but only 115 g and picked one up a few days ago on sports pursuit for £35

sillyoldman

Pearl izumi Aero WxB. Simple, packable, very breathable for a waterproof and the stretch fabric means it’s quiet and fits really well.

johni
    Free Member

I’ve had a Berghaus PacLite for 7 years now and still going strong. They are not cheap but not as pricey as some of the options above. I’ve definitely had my money’s worth out of mine though.

nickjb
    Free Member

Berghaus PacLite here too. Very happy with it. Came from TK Maxx at a reasonable price. Used it skiing and biking. It doesn’t pack mega small but its tucks away in my bag nicely

ce9adp
    Free Member

I’ve got this one from Gore:

Gore Oxygen Active Shell

Not cheap, but very nice and can be stuffed into a jersey pocket.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

I like my Altura Pocket Rocket. Not goretex but its tiny packed up, pretty cheap and very waterproof.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bontrager eVent Packable.

Not gore, though. It’s better than that!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Packable gore tex jacket.’ is closed to new replies.