Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Packable Folding shovel
  • sirromj

This was delivered to me today:
    Baco folding shovel 94cm

It’s a £35 Baco Engineering 94cm “Tactical Folding Shovel” from Amazon. On first impressions I’m pleased with it, feels pretty solid, more so than I expected (though I might change my mind after using it). The handle comes in 3 parts (excluding the part on the shovel) which screw together.

It claims the shovel itself is 17.5cm wide, but measuring says it’s actually 14cm by 16.5cm. Handle material is 4.5mm thick.

Weight including carry case and attachments is 1.9kg.

rene59
    Free Member

What sort of tactical digging do you partake in?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’ve always regretted not having a bottle opener during tactical shovelling.

sirromj

If you’re not careful I’ll come round and do some tactical patio laying.

rene59
    Free Member

Ha! Good luck! You’ll need a hammer and saw as well as a shovel to break into my garden.

Oh shit…

Ambrose

But can it do all this?

Cougar
    rene59
    Free Member

You’re doing it wrong.

Tried one of those before. Rubbish. Left my arse aching, I didn’t walk right for a fortnight.

epicyclo

rene59
    Tried one of those before. Rubbish. Left my arse aching, I didn’t walk right for a fortnight.

Genius, still spluttering. 🙂

continuity
    Free Member

For what it’s worth, as something of an expert at digging with small portable shovels in adverse conditions and for extended periods of time there is only one private purchase worth making – the Glock shovel.

It still breaks after about a day of use, but at least it wasn’t as heavy to carry around for the few hours before it broke.

Just bring the smallest proper shovel you can get – non folding.

That’s assuming you need it for anything more strenuous than potting some plants.

mattbee

The smaller sized military Landrover shovels that were strapped to the back doors on Series Landrovers (as opposed to the wing mounted ones) are pretty good trail tools.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Packable Folding shovel’ is closed to new replies.