Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 'Pack up small' water/showerproof for the road bike in summer- Which one?
  • Vortexracing

Need a waterproof for ‘summer’. that packs up small for the jersey pocket

what are the Endura pakajak like?

anyone recommend any other ones?

cheers

Dave

warton
    Free Member

My Mate swears by the assos, but it’s big bucks. The Castelli always gets good reviews

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Endura photon – properly waterproof, weighs 180g in it’s stuff sack, and fits fine in a jersey pocket.

DrP

I had a similar quest last year – after about three failed purchases (buying a jacket i KNEW wasn’t the right one, but paying for it anyway…) I found MOntane velo lite – perfect!

DrP

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Altura Pocket Rocket

bam74
    Free Member

Sportful Hotpack 4

Duggan

Another vote for Montane Velolite here. Packs to the size of a tennis ball and I often wear it to the pub now if there’s a shower as you can just screw it up and chuck it in a corner somewhere

jekkyl

60 quid !!!

ransos
    Free Member

I have the Montane Velo too. I think it was £50 from Merlin. It packs up a lot smaller than the packable DHB jacket I had before it.

jonba
    Free Member

Montane velo here as well.

natrix
    Free Member

Aldi were doing some Montane lookalikes for about a tenner. Might be worth a look to see if your local store has any left.

jam-bo

I quite like my howies dyfi. No idea how rainproof it is though

IA

montane Featherlite velo. Awesome. Fit is a bit odd (in a good way) though, so try first. I have a medium, and the sleeves are long enough, which is insane as i’m 6’4″ and sleeves are never long enough.

Vortexracing

cheers Guys, just noticed Merlin have them in and they are only 10 minutes away, i’ll pop in nad try a montane Featherlite velo on

DrP
    Vortexracing

I may try one of those on as well DrP 😉

I’m sure they are waterproof

woody74

I found the montane featherlite just leaked even in drizzle so sent it back. Ended up with a Endura pakajak and so far very pleased. The cut fits me perfectly as well. If you want a total waterproof and not bothered about breathability then the £35 Castelli is a good option.

brooess
    Free Member

I have Montane and Pakajak
    Montane is superlight, packs up well and keeps the wind out, and a light shower. But a bit baggy.
    Pakajak I prefer. Being more substantial keeps the fit a little closer, will take a fall on the road without too much damage! and some nice finishing touches on the cuffs and round the neck. And cheaper although only showerproof

rocket
    Free Member

Whats the fit of the pakajak like? Am thinking of one for road use.

IA

Montane is superlight, packs up well and keeps the wind out, and a light shower. But a bit baggy.

See, I find mine a good close fit. But then I’m 6’4″ and nearly 90kg and yet somehow in a medium. Yes it’s a showerproof more than proper waterproof, but it’s not sweaty (i have the version with vents) and it drys out so fast.

I’ve also got a similar garment from Protective, but it has zip off sleeves and a lined collar, slightly heavier but more comfy. It’s also ace. Dunno the model name though.

composite
    Free Member

Featherlite…?!

DrP

How does the sizing come up on those?

GrahamS

Picked up an Endura Helium the other week and I’m pretty pleased with it.

http://www.endura.co.uk/Product.aspx?dept_id=122&prod_id=340

Bit more styled and less “crumpled polybag” than the Pakajak.
    Not quite as small or light (235g), but considerably more robust feeling, waterproof, breathable, and still packs down small enough for a jersey back pocket if you’re that way inclined (I just stick it in a saddle bag).

Review: http://road.cc/content/review/5058-endura-helium-jacket

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I got a Regatta one £20 from gooutdoors.light waterproof and packs to nothing.SIMPLES 😆

GrahamS

I don’t really object to paying a bit for a decent riding jacket.

My last one lasted a decade or more and is still usable. Seems like a good rate of return 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘'Pack up small' water/showerproof for the road bike in summer- Which one?’ is closed to new replies.