Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pacenti CL-25 Rims?
  • TimothyD
    Free Member

Has anybody used them and how did they find them? I like the idea of there being eyelets on them.

I’m 11 stone approx 75 kilos and not particularly hardcore.

Do folk think they’d suit my riding around the Peak, across Stanage Pole and The Plantation, and hopefully technical Peak District riding?

Ta,
    Tim

mafiafish
    Free Member

I’ve used the TL28s. Smashed the rear one on the first ride but that was ragging on Skye with silly tyres and likely too little pressure – did the same to an arch ex a few weeks later in Torridon. Front has been great, has done everything from casual xc races to rocky DH courses and weeks in the Alps on a 170mm bike so I’d say the cl25 would suit your requirements Just don’t smash them into water bars and you’ll be fine (few usefully-light rims will take that anyway).

TimothyD
    Free Member

Hmm, what would you suggest for rims which could be smashed into waterbars?

TimothyD
    Free Member

I don’t mind retruing being needed…

mafiafish
    Free Member

I’d say mavics or spank’s evo line of rims, they use a tougher alloy. Mavics are heavy and narrow but mine have lasted unlike any other (xm819).
    Crossmax or red zone wheels are worth a look too

Northwind

TimothyD – Member

Hmm, what would you suggest for rims which could be smashed into waterbars?

Not doing so, or having a bigger tyre, or more air pressure. But Mavic are mostly very hard, which makes them pretty resistant to this sort of thing

(don’t confuse hardness with outright strength though- what I’ve found with my 819s is that the rim edge stays relatively ding free but the entire rim loses shape instead, whereas my Stans rims ad my old 729s stayed round better but ding/bruise more easily.)

TimothyD
    Free Member

Have you found it wheel specific, which dislike it the most, i’m guessing it’d be rear rims which don’t take to water bars so well?

Ta,

TimothyD
    Free Member

Tend to have a pretty high tyre pressure in my tyres, where they just squide a little bit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pacenti CL-25 Rims?’ is closed to new replies.