Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Pace
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I had no idea they still existed, but their jacket was mentioned on another thread and I googled. Still making frames.. and this..

… is absolutely gorgeous, I reckon!

One of the bikes on their page seems to have Pace forks on it – I wonder if it’s a DT Swiss fork with Pace decals sneakily applied..?

njee20
    Free Member

AFAIK the current DT forks bear no resemblance whatsoever to the ex-Pace forks they bought however long ago.

That’s an RC31 though – which they appeared to still be selling in limited quantities a year back.

molgrips
    Free Member

I meant this bike with the forks…

njee20
    Free Member

I take it back then, but I don’t think you’ll find a DT fork that looks like that!

iolo
    Free Member

It’s a hardtail made from two triangles. It doesn’t look too dissimilar to 98 percent of hardtails ever made.
    I’m sure the angles are great and the welding a bit better than your Aldi special but I really can’t get excited about that bike at all.

ThePinkster

I take it back then, but I don’t think you’ll find a DT fork that looks like that!

Really?
    There are a couple here that look similar.

wwaswas

I really can’t get excited about that bike at all.

that’s a shame.

the two triangles is a perfect engineering solution to a problem and it’s been really well executed there.

grenosteve
    Free Member

I had some RC39 forks a few years bike, they where stupid light, but very linear. When I serviced them and pulled the legs off the stanchions, I couldn’t believe how stiff the bridge was.

I always wanted that frame to go with the forks…

EDIT: the DT forks aren’t the same, the pace forks lower legs where one piece of carbon with magnesium drop outs bonded on. The crown was hollow magnesium too.

AlexSimon

They are probably just really old photos.
    The RC104 is from 2009 or something

Oh, and I agree, it was a beautiful frame.

Paceman
    Free Member

Pace make lovely looking bikes.

AlexSimon

There were some reports (including on their website this time last year) that something new was in the offing, but so far… nothing 🙁

ndthornton
    Free Member

the two triangles is a perfect engineering solution to a problem and it’s been really well executed there.

They have ballsed up – this bike has 3 triangles!!!! Count them, 1 at the front and two at the back. Amateurs!

Hang on there’s four!! Didn’t notice the wee one by the dropout
    How did that get past quality control

AlexSimon

OOOOH – I’m wrong.
    Video of new bike here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pace-Cycles-Ltd/197741006933584

All revealed next week apparently!

Released April time. We are taking orders now for Frame only (£499) and shortly will be releasing the complete bike build spec and price (It will be running SRAM X1 x 11 with a custom Pike 140mm fork on front)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Didn’t they go through an unfortunate period of pretty awful customer service? Couldn’t have a discussion about Pace without someone chipping in about awful customer experience. All gone very quiet recently.

weeksy

iolo – Member

It’s a hardtail made from two triangles. It doesn’t look too dissimilar to 98 percent of hardtails ever made.
    I’m sure the angles are great and the welding a bit better than your Aldi special but I really can’t get excited about that bike at all.

Agreed… I can’t see any difference between most HT’s these days.

clubby

wwaswas – Member
    I really can’t get excited about that bike at all.

that’s a shame.

A perfect solution that leaves a mech hanger when used singlespeed or IGH ?
    Old Pace (ie 90’s) were lovely and innovative, recently it’s done nothing new. I agree the frames have some nice colours, but they been trading on past glories for years.

Paceman
    Free Member

Here it is…

njee20
    Free Member

Really?
    There are a couple here that look similar.

Well they have a reverse arch, and… errr… But yes, apart from the material and the design of the lower, the uppers, the crown/steerer assembly, the internals and the adjusters they are identical 😉

AlexSimon

That’s an 853 sticker in case you are wondering 🙂

ndthornton
    Free Member

Is that what I think it is……!

AlexSimon

AlexSimon

Prototype photo from last year

TimP
    Free Member

Paceman – Member

A biased view me thinks…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I Ummmb’ed and I arrrrhhhh’ed on that 29’er ^^ up there (the cream one) I almost, so very nearly bought one before splashing out on my One9 Niner from Stif in Pately… then all sorts of folks were popping up on here about Pace going bust/moving/not making bikes anymore/terrible customer service etc. bloody etc.. and thought sod it and settled on the Niner.. Blooming good choice as it happens.

Still like the look of the cream jobbie though 8)

Not at all interested in the Yellow thing with boing bits on the front though ^^, but the colour’s pretty.. 😀

smatkins1
    Free Member

I do like that…

Paceman
    Free Member

Paceman – Member

TimP – Member

A biased view me thinks…

LOL 😆 😆

I don’t even own one anymore either.

TimP
    Free Member

I don’t even own one anymore either.

At the moment?

wwaswas

A perfect solution that leaves a mech hanger when used singlespeed

given it’s a bolt on hanger I assume it was done at the owners request for flexibility?

ChrisL

Paceman – Member

They also made the RC303. Even before mine cracked I wouldn’t have claimed it was much of a looker. Nice head badge, though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

No Pace thread is complete without an RC100 or RC200…

I badly wanted one.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

A great 650B hard tail, I had a wee pootle about on the pictured bike in Dalby, light responsive & good geometry.

I were in the market for a hard tail this would be it.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Still run Pace XC39s on my full sus.

I’m not good enough to tell you if their range of motion is linear or not…. but I can I can tell you I can’t give up the lightless.

They need a service by now the last time I set them off was about 7 years ago… they still worked great but the “lock down/auto pop up thingamajig” doesn’t stay down.

iolo
    Free Member

What is good geometry these days?
    Is it different to good geometry 5,10,15,whatever years ago?
    My friend rode for Pace and used an RC100 or 200 (can’t remember)team issue bike. She was bloody fast on it.

Saccades
    Free Member

Ro5ey – Member
    Still run Pace XC39s on my full sus.

I’m not good enough to tell you if their range of motion is linear or not…. but I can I can tell you I can’t give up the lightless.

They need a service by now the last time I set them off was about 7 years ago… they still worked great but the “lock down/auto pop up thingamajig” doesn’t stay down.

I’m still running RC40xcam on my 456, I have a set of RC41F’s where I pulled the leg out of the lower which I’m due to send back to fork english (tim price) so he can see if I’ve twisted anything, if not they’ll be probably going on the full suss once re-bonded. I’ll send the RC40 for a service too.

takisawa2

Nearly bought an RC129. Some nice features on the frame. Really high quality finish.
    Love my Niner though.

tang
    Free Member

iolo – Malvern classic?

chestrockwell

Problem with Pace these days is that they’re only 50% at best of the proper Pace. The real innovation went with Duncan IMO and those that live up that way have stories to tell.

I was told that the current Pace were more interested in the new Sutton Bank project then they were with the products. Shame as the FS had potential and the HT’s always reviewed well.

As for the DT forks, I just think they’ve developed over the years, same as everyone else so the current line up shares little with the Pace forks. The DT’s seem to have gone a bit magnolia since the move to the Far East though.

awkwardkid
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with Pace. Had a few and the RC104 is a belter

screencast

Old one…

screen shot on windows

And a square one

image sharing

iolo
    Free Member

iolo – Malvern classic?

Correct, picture stolen off the web looking for an image of Sian.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

PACE should make square bikes and leave it at that.

I remember riding up on Harden Moor many many years ago when PACE was a very exotic new thing ie before production, and you would see them trying out their new toys.

Went wrong when the moved from the West shire to the North shire.

Couple of years back I happened to be in the cellar of some one who used to race for them. He’s got 2 square frames just sat there doing nothing 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Pace’ is closed to new replies.