• This topic has 31 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Amos.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • PACE RC627
  • mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

Did anyone have a go or take a look at the new Pace RC627 at the Steel is Real demo day?

Any thoughts about it?

lawman91

Interested in this as well, looks ace on paper!

dc2.0

Haven’t demoed one but have ordered one. It just looks “right” on paper and in photos.

mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

Agreed. It looks good on paper and in the photos.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’ve just bought an rc127 frame as I wasn’t bothered about boost or extra long geometry so was tempted by the bargain price. Not built it up yet so can’t comment on the ride but it looks well made and the paint finish looks particularly robust. Not sure whether it’s changed now but on this one the decals are over the lacquer. Good for me because I wanted to change them but that might not be for everyone.

mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

@whereisthurso out of interest, whereabouts is your frame made?

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’m not sure. I don’t have the frame at hand as I’m away at the moment but I’ll check it and the box when I get back. I’d assumed it was probably Taiwan but I could be wrong. What are you expecting? I’m assuming the 627 isn’t British made.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Looks alright that like!

otsdr
    Free Member

The “proprietary slider system” looks a bit rubbish if you ask me.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Made in Taiwan. Still not built it up yet as I’ve hit a few issues. Hopefully get it sorted soon though.

disleyrider
    Free Member

I have just build mine up, its an XL, so long solid and stable! I have extended the rear drop outs as far as possible and it rides so well. i have even smashed old PB’s i made on my YT Jeffsy on some single track descents! Well happy. Great winter hack!

disleyrider
    Free Member

Join the group if you want to rear peoples reviews / photos:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=pace%20rc627%20%2F%20rc529

letmetalktomark

The dropouts look the same, albeit a boost version, as what was on the RC104. I found them a right royal PITA.

The new Pace frames look good but the dropouts are off putting.

TheGhost
    Free Member

Has anyone got a pic of a XL built up?

goby

So whats are the ride reviews then as cant find anything much online, any good people?

TheGhost
    Free Member

goby

Thats great many thanks! Sounds fun bike!

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’ve just built an XL RC529 and had a brief ride to work on it. Going to take it to the Lakes on Saturday to give it a proper go.

I’ve not even looked at how the sliding dropouts work yet. I want to try it in the longer position.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Ive just built up the RC129. First ride this weekend. Its a large and looks HUGE!!!

Amos
    Free Member

I’m looking to swap out my full sus frame for an RC627, what are owners thoughts now its been out a while?

johnw1984
    Free Member

My RC529 didn’t last long…

I think (for me), longer travel hardtails make less sense than shorter ones. I sold my Hightower and replaced it with the RC529. I’m sure someone with more skill than me would have got on with it better, but I just didn’t get on with it on rougher trails.

I wish I’d have ordered a BTR Ranger before I got the Hightower as I think that would have been more suitable.

Amos
    Free Member

Cheers for your update, I’m going from a Spec Enduro and a Whyte T129 in an attempt to have something that covers all bases. I like the modern geometry and I loved my old Cotic Soul so hoping to find something that ticks all those boxes…

BadlyWiredDog

I was going to buy an RC627 a month or so back. In fact I thought I had bought a frame, but then it turned out that the stock levels on the site were incorrect and there were no medium frames left in stock. It took about a week to find out and another few days for the refund to show up.

My current mostly ridden bike is a Sonder Transmitter and I wanted something steel or ti that would take 2.6 / 2.8 tyres if I wanted, had modern geometry and a steepish seat-tube as hey, I like steep, technical climbs and most Peak stuff goes constantly up and down.

I was vaguely tempted by a SodaMAX as well, but not convinced by the seat tube angle or a two-year warranty on a titanium frame costing £1700 odd.

Apparently new frames due in November from Pace, in the mean time I’m building up a current model Transmitter frame with a slightly longer, better fork than I have on the current one. If that makes me happy, I’ll keep it. If not I may well go for the Pace after all. They do look nice and a mate who’s ridden lots of current stuff rates it as the best steel hardtail out there.

BadlyWiredDog

I’m looking to swap out my full sus frame for an RC627, what are owners thoughts now its been out a while?

I’ve ricocheted between full sus and hardtail for the past couple of decades. Anyone expecting a hardtail to ride like a full sus is predictably in for a slight disappointment. The closest thing I’ve found to a sort of halfway house is running 2.8″ 650b+ tyres on a hardtail. More float and grip than standard tyres, less than full sus, obviously, but in the case of the Transmitter, bloody quick.

I guess one advantage of the tyre clearance on the RC627 is that you do have the option of trying 2.6 or 2.8 tyres if you fancy it, which is one of the reasons I tried to buy one, as above.

kelvin

not convinced by the seat tube angle or a two-year warranty

Lots of people have mentioned warranty. So Cy changed it to five years, this week. Seat angle wise… I’m running a SolarisMAX with a 275plus rear, and 29 front… which slackens it off still further… and it’s not been an issue for me. I just moved the seat forward.

BadlyWiredDog

Thanks for that. Definite food for thought.

Stigheed

I built up a RC627 earlier this summer and really like it. It’s obviously built for aggressive riding but I would happily take it on an all day ride. I seem to have spent most of this summer’s riding on it and my other hardtail, so much so that I am tempted to sell my On One Codeine
    It’s a nice looking frame, climbs well and screams down hill. Just need to get some better wheels on it as the cheap Shimanos are a tad heavy.

TheGhost
    Free Member

I’ve had a RC 627 since the start of the year and its been brilliant so far. Very capable down and up. I’ve had plenty of hardtails and the is the best riding by far. The handling is sublime.

Its also very strong as I found out recently after taking a massive stack and giving myself concussion.

The RC 627 is the nearest thing I have found to those speeder bikes the Stormtroopers are riding on Endor.

Amos
    Free Member

Cheers chaps, all food for thought.

dc2.0

I built up a 627 last winter. I’ve barely used it. Once properly off road I think. I just don’t MTB any more apart from uplift trips with my son, when I take the full sus.

So this is a stealth ad for a barely used Size Large rc627 with 150mm Pikes (TF coil conversion) with GX eagle group set.

batman11
    Free Member

Blatant highjack but selling my XL RC627 frame with hope headset and a reverb fitted.

There a great frame to build on, but the 29er shizzle has grabbed me for now so no point it sitting here gathering dust😁

Amos
    Free Member

If only it was M/L I’d have had that off you!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘PACE RC627’ is closed to new replies.