Pace RC31 carbon forks – rattle over bumps

Home Forum Bike Forum Pace RC31 carbon forks – rattle over bumps

• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by  richc.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pace RC31 carbon forks – rattle over bumps
  • druidh

I’m not aware of mine rattling

Marge

I have a pair of RC31s also & expect it is likely everything else other than the forks rattling. 😀

Joking apart I have never heard any rattle from mine as such – just a nice amount of flex…

Solid forks are great when it’s super muddy (I find) but jesus they’re hard work when you’re tired

Keva

I’ve just bought a bike fitted with a pair. I’m told they all do they all do that ? Something to do with this shpiel…

Enhanced comfort and shock-absorbency levels are provided by tuning the carbon-fibre lay-up so that the fibre orientation provides just the right amount of axial resilience and bonding these to high specification tubular steel spigots, permanently fixed into the new oval arm Monobox crown. The elastomer rings visible between the underside of the crown and the carbon lowers can then deform as the forks steel spigots flex under axial load.

is that the noise it makes when what they’ve said up there ^^^ happens ?

Kev

Premier Icon Farticus
    Subscriber

No rattle here…

Or here, apart from when I neglected to do up my brake caliper bolts. There was some rattling going on then 8)

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

I have carbon forks – albeit not Pace – and I love them. They don’t rattle though. I sometimes wake in a sweat worrying I’m one step closer to single speed

Keva

ok then, seems mine are the only ones which rattle ! There is a bit of movement around the elastomer rings if I hold the front brake on and push gently forwards, I can also feel what seems to be a little bit of movement inside. Is that the steel spigots I can feel ? …and I guess they’re not really supposed to move then.

Kev

Premier Icon jamesgarbett
    Subscriber

Are you sure it’s not your brake pads rattling?

Keva

yup. it’s defo not the brakes. I’ll check headset again when I get home but Im pretty certain it’s in the forks.

richc

Ummmm, haven’t there been a few pictures of them broken where the bonding has failed between the carbon and the lowers and/or uppers?

personally I would track the rattle down before riding on them again, unless you don’t like your teeth that is.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC31 carbon forks – rattle over bumps’ is closed to new replies.