Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Pace RC295
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hello
    Has this been done yet?
    From the news page-£1899 for a frame only!!!
    Would really love a new Hope HB130 but can’t stretch to one yet but could be tempted to replace ageing Santa Cruz Tallboy frame.
    All of the kit would transfer over with the exception of the wheels which are Mavic carbon non-boost.
    Any thoughts?
    Cheers
    Steve

DickBarton

I really want to love it as I’m a Pace fanboi from back in the day…but I’ve a real aversion to carbon and 29″ wheels…does seem a great price but it is very long by the looks of things, so sizing may be unconventional.
    Price seems to be very good for plastic…

fossy

It’s a very good price, considering that includes a rear shock as well.

roverpig

Be nice if they made it in colour, but black does seem to be popular with some folk, so fair enough. Looks good value.

chestrockwell

The price does look very interesting but also makes my spider sense tingle as Pace have never been ones to go down the value route. Loss leader? Cheap for a reason? Genuine bike at a great price?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Is it actually cheap though? It isn’t really, it’s still a huge amount of money for a bike frame. If it were a grand I think there’d be a genuine reason for being concerned about it, but it’s not that long ago (maybe 3 or 4 years) that the likes of Evil and Santa Cruz were putting out frames for that much money – it’s only since Yeti broached the £3k limit that the prices have gone up, and I think purely because they can charge so much.

I’m interested in it, could well be my next bike if they still make it in two or three years.

benpinnick

Cheap for a reason?

Its not really that ‘cheap’. Carbon doesn’t cost wildly more than alu to make. Certainly nothing like the pricing you see from the expensive stuff. Ignoring the really cheap stuff, broadly speaking alu is in the range of 3-500$, carbon 4-800$ depending on many, many variables including complexity, run size etc. So if you remove the brand name and marketing budgets, plus a few middle men, its about right.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looks very interesting to me but – and it’s a huge bugbear of mine – the bike is designed for 130-150mm forks but the geometry chart doesn’t mention fork length, not even travel. So is that geometry based on a 130mm fork with a (relatively) short a-c or a 150mm with a long one?
    Oh but it tells you the offset because that’s currently in vogue.

Maybe I’m expecting too much, it doesn’t tell you which of the two wheel sizes it’s designed for they’ve based it on either.

tomhoward

but it’s not that long ago (maybe 3 or 4 years) that the likes of Evil and Santa Cruz were putting out frames for that much money – it’s only since Yeti broached the £3k

For Alu, maybe. A Santa Cruz 5010C frame only (before they did a cheaper carbon) in 2013 was £2700rrp

lawman91

Seems well priced and the geo looks good, it’s not that pretty but be interested to see how it rides. RE: pricing in years gone by, in 2011 my Mojo HD frame was £2100, the standard Mojo was £1900ish from memory, it’s been a long, long time since carbon was priced at that level for the most part

big_scot_nanny

I think that bike looks marvellous, yes it is a heck of a lot of money, but not when take in context.

chakaping
    Free Member

Direct sales is it?

That may well account for price differential to SC, Yeti, Pivot etc.

May not be lighter than a nice alu frame from the likes of Giant or Orange anyway. My Stage 6 is certainly on par with some carbon bikes, weight-wise.

duncancallum

Looks lovely in the flesh… it was at Boltby with pace.

Needs some pace rc36 proclass with modern internals

abeach

Is it UK made? The website says their bikes are Designed, Tested and Built in Yorkshire. I guess that does not mean manufactured. The Cotic RocketMAX is £1749 with shock and UK made so pretty comparable price wise. £2k for the Orange Stage 5/6

SSBonty
    Free Member

Weight, & tyre clearance in either wheel size, would be useful too… I’m not sure what the point of the release was, as they apparently used old pre-production frames in the photos, they aren’t for sale yet… maybe it was the geometry and to keep the hype going. I’d be very interested with a few more details!

russyh
    Free Member

I really love the look of the bike. Not really the travel or wheel size I want/like but would love to see more photographs and details of it

mboy
    Free Member

Pace have just updated their Facebook page and website, pre-orders go live for this frame tomorrow evening.

I’m actually glad I’m not in the market for a new 29er Trail bike right now in a way, this would be right at the top of the list! Geometry looks spot on, I love the look (especially the naked carbon), and it certainly looks like it’ll be fun to ride.

Northwind

I like the 10 year warranty, everyone knows there’s no possibility of Pace ratting out on a warranty. Still, looks good

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Anyone else bothered by the cables that run under the BB…?

russyh
    Free Member

I am now you pointed it out.  Will take a view when I see one in the flesh.

in terms of warranty do Pace have a history of being wobbly when things go wrong?

Twodogs

in terms of warranty do Pace have a history of being wobbly when things go wrong?

Ahhahahahahahah!

ogden
    Free Member

Did anyone ever get one?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think this forum logged 303 examples.

mattham

Interested in this as well, was about to start a thread asking if anyone actually had one as its come out near the top of my possible new bike list research!

ogden
    Free Member

I’m testing the water with my Capra while selling is good and have been interested in these since they came out. Since the initial launch and Guy Kestervan stuff I’ve not seen much. The issue with Guy is he makes everything out to be amazing.

Pace are relatively local to me in North Yorkshire so that’s part of the appeal I guess.

mattham

I’m testing the water with my Capra while selling is good and have been interested in these since they came out. Since the initial launch and Guy Kestervan stuff I’ve not seen much. The issue with Guy is he makes everything out to be amazing

Know what you mean about Guy!  There is an MBR and an Enduro review that are both very positive.  I’ve bee riding since late 80’s, had RC30 and 35 forks on old bikes but always lusted after a Pace frame so I’ve also been interested in these since they were released too.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

like the 10 year warranty, everyone knows there’s no possibility of Pace ratting out on a warranty.

Cough. Not only that, it’ll be your fault!

andybrad

doesnt sound reassuring

TheGhost
    Free Member

Just for balance, I have found Pace customer service, warranty, and support to be brilliant.

BadlyWiredDog

To be fair, when I owned an RC405, Pace were great when it came to servicing a DT Swiss shock for me.

ogden
    Free Member

TBH I cant find any issues newer than 10 years ago?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yeah, what’s it matter if you screw a load of people over broken frames just so long as it wasn’t recently.

ogden
    Free Member

Yeah, what’s it matter if you screw a load of people over broken frames just so long as it wasn’t recently.

I’ll go buy a Sick frame instead 🙂

I thought we were talking warranty issues not “screw a load of people over broken frames”.

mattham

Ok, so I have just read a load of the old stuff on warranty – agree it was a long time ago and but they appear to have made real efforts to change what happened, and agree that there were definitely some issues.  There were also good experiences as well.

So, buyer beware I guess.

I’m still really interested if anyone on here actually bought a 295 and has anything to say about them….?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC295’ is closed to new replies.