Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Pace RC295 carbon full-suspension frame priced at £1899 with shock!
  • singletrackandi

Almost 12 months ago, Pace Cycles released its first teasers for an all-new carbon full-suspension frame, now pricing and pre-order details have been …

By singletrackandi

Get the full story on our front page at:

Pace RC295 carbon full-suspension frame priced at £1899 with shock!

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

“we imagined that the finished product would be priced out of most riders budget…………….

……….priced at £1899, which is considerably less than we imagined it would cost.”

Nice bike but I think you’re confusing “most” riders disposable income with the top 1%.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Is that carbon wrap on those Fox 36’s?

Kahurangi

The pricing puts in in line with an Aluminium alloy Nomad, a whole chunk less than the carbon fibre Nomad…

sargey2003

When do you (Singletrack) get to ride one?

keithr
    Free Member
    whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Great price compared to the new tallboy frame £3.4k I’ve been looking at ..
    Any Demos

ta11pau1

Really well priced, considering full alloy FS frames start at around £1,300 (Bird, Commencal) and the Canyon Spectral carbon frameset is £2,250, and the Nukeproof reactor in carbon is £2,500.

dumbbot
    Free Member

445mm seattube on a medium?…..450mm on a large hope hb130

Aside from the stupid seatube it looks great.

singletrackandi

@sargey2003 soon I hope 😉

dogbone

Threaded bottom bracket please.

Northwind

“dumbbot October 21, 2019 at 7:51 pm

445mm seattube on a medium?…..450mm on a large hope hb130

Aside from the stupid seatube it looks great.”

Aye, but the medium Pace has almost as much reach as the large Hope, and the wheelbase is closer to the XL Hope than the L. So comparing the two you basically go up one size.

dustytires
    Free Member

Do ya really think this was made with the same materials as, say, the Tallboy mentioned here? How could it really be priced so so much less? Anywhere the factory needs to put many mm’s of material, they can easily layer in a big dose of fiberglass, radically altering the cost/weight. Just because it’s black on the outside don’t mean it’s as light, stiff and super strong as a top tier frame. I will quote a famous smart guy…
    Light, strong or cheap. Pick 2, ‘Keith Bontrager’

dumbbot
    Free Member

@Northwind, I hear ya, but i think what I was trying to say was that I’d personally struggle to get anything more than a 125 dropper on that….i’d be wanting a shorter seatttube of a smaller size which they dont do.

And i’d also so dusty makes a fair point there as well.

munrobiker
    Free Member

“Light, strong or cheap. Pick 2, ‘Keith Bontrager’”

While it’s cheaper than a Tallboy, it’s not cheap. It’s still an awful lot of money. And the Tallboy price is probably gouging a bit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

“The pricing puts in in line with an Aluminium alloy Nomad, a whole chunk less than the carbon fibre Nomad…”

Not denying it’s cheaper than some others, just commenting on the narrative of the article that “most” people could afford a £1900 frame. I ride in Surrey, home of the stereotypical A4 with a carbon 5010 on the roof, and still think that narrative is daft. “most” (modal average) people are riding round the trails on £600 Carrera hardtails!

sophieatpacecycles
    Free Member

@dogbone yes threaded BB 73mm shell!

@dumbbot the pictures you can see is of the prototype, the production frame will take a 170mm dropper with it slammed into the frame so the seatube looks spot on on the production frame.

SSBonty
    Free Member

Sophie – any details on tyre clearance in 29er mode, and approx frame weight including shock?

sargey2003

I gotta agree with the comments on ST length. Yeah, the reach is long in relative terms, so you can look at the medium as being equal to most brand’s large, but that becomes a problem when the smallest size offered is that medium. So the smallest ST is the 445; I’m 5’8″ of average proportions and not every 125mm dropper would actually fit in there for me. So this bike would never make my shortlist (pun intended).

Pity, cos it looks pretty good & I like Pace as a brand – they’ve been there for the long haul and produced some good products over the years.

sophieatpacecycles
    Free Member

@SSBonty @dustytires frame weight is 2.95kg on the large. The frame is made from one of the industries best – Handlaid full carbon frame with Toray, Uni Directional carbon fibre.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC295 carbon full-suspension frame priced at £1899 with shock!’ is closed to new replies.