Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pace RC127 and fork travel.
  • seadog101

Any RC127 owners out there? I’m sure there is…
    I have treated my self to the frame, and I’m now looking at forks. Pace recommend 130-150mm. Anyone running 160mm?
    I ask as CRC have the Manitou Mattoc on sale but they are 160mm. Travel adjust is possible, but I’d rather not have to do that.

Will I die/break my nice new frame?

Have asked for forks on Wanted section… nudge nudge.

singlepace
    Free Member

I have also recently purchased a Pace RC127 frame which I am running single speed with a set of Pike forks (140m), which were purchased from Wiggle. This setup is great, I hope you enjoy riding your RC127 which ever forks you fit.

joebristol

Surely the travel adjust shouldn’t be too hard? I think Planet X we’re selling X fusion sweeps quite cheaply recently too – although again I think 160mm so they would need travel adjusting.

Personally I needed some 140mm travel forks for my new hardtail (not fancy like a Pace) so I picked some 2017 130mm Pikes up from eBay and changed the airshaft for a 140mm travel debonair 2019 one. Really happy with the fork.

seadog101

Travel adjust on the Mattoc needs 3 different tools I don’t have. So, it’s either buy them for the one and only time I’d yse them. Or, sending them off somewhere. Rather buy the right sized forks in the first place.

joebristol

Do the XFusion sweeps need specific tools to adjust travel? £250 for a white one or £350 for a black one?

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOXFS27RC/x-fusion-sweep-275-roughcut-fork

lawman91

Merlin are chucking out 130mm RS Revelations on sale for £350, recently fitted a 120mm set to new MK5 Soul and they’re pretty good. Not quite as plush as the Pikes on my T130 but not far off! I’m sure the Pace would be strong enough to take a 160mm fork, but I’ve always thought anything more than 130/140mm is overkill on a hardtail.

seadog101

Didn’t say also, They need to be boost, which rules out the X-Xfusions 😪

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pace RC127 and fork travel.’ is closed to new replies.