Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pace Forks/ DT Forks
  • billyboy
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden both the Pace RC41XCAM Bolt thru Fork and the new DT equivalent (XCM 130??)?

Are they the same beast?

I’m thinking about one for my Ti 456 as I haven’t realy gelled with the Air U turn Pushed Pike or with a Fox 32 Talas that I’ve tried so far. The 41 XCAM on my 303 seems so superior to both, but at the time of building the bike neither Pace nor Dt Forks were available.

molgrips
    Free Member

Pretty sure that they are the same, but £200 more 🙁

Really like my Pace forks tho, FWIW.

billyboy
    Free Member

The price does make you flinch…. probably explains the lack of responses here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Swiftacular
    Free Member

Got XCAM’s and i believe the DT version are exactly the same, but assembled by DT. Shows how good they were to begin with if they can take them off the market for two years and bring them back exactly the same and they still be top of the market. D0 baulk at the new asking price, and couldnt put anything other than Pace forks on my Pace so wouldnt buy the DT’s.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Oh yeah, need to add, for the travel, the Pace XCAMs are the best forks ive ever used.

r6ymy
    Free Member

Essentially the same.
    I have rc41 XCAM (QR), test rode a Pace RC405 with the DT XCM130 (again QR not bolt through). My forks had recently had a factory service so should be on top form, but the DT ones definitly seemed a bit plusher.
    I think the price will have put quite a few people off, but probaly because of that there have been some very good deals on offer.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I’ve got RC41 XCAM bolt throughs on my Soda. Definitely not the best fork, for the travel, I’ve used (that goes to my coil Pike Teams, wound down a little). I’m pretty sure the DTs are identical, bar possibly tweaking the damping and QC. Even down to the annoying Rebound/LC2 knob that I always catch with my knee and knock fully one way or the other.

allthegear
    Free Member

billyboy – I have a pair of 41XCAMs that I’d be happy to sell, if you like – just serviced by Pace, too…

billyboy
    Free Member

allthegear

Yes, might well be interested. Can’t work out how to allow mails straight to my e mail on this new system so we can communicate one to one!!!
    How long is the steerer tube cut to?
    Are they bolt thrus or QR?
    How old?
    How much?

I’ll be through Cambridge next Friday on my way to the lakes so I could do a cash/collect job in person and save post.

allthegear
    Free Member

no – I can’t work it out, either! 🙂

try lawson dot. rick at mac dot. com

They are 20mm and were purchased in October 2007. They had a Pace service this Summer but aren’t really long enough for the new bike. (They were fantastic on the old Rock Lobster Ti, though!)

Sorry folks, for stealing the thread here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pace Forks/ DT Forks’ is closed to new replies.