Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PA / music – what watts for outdoors
  • maccruiskeen

Need to provide a PA for music and announcements – its a promotional event on a busy shopping street for a passing audience rather than a gig.

So … what watts?

leffeboy

I’ve used a pair of Mackie srm450s once for something similar. Think they are 400w and they were plenty loud enough without being massively overpowered. That might not answer your question exactly but it should give your ballpark figure.

maccruiskeen

Ta, so long as theres a bit more than I need then that should do the job.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

This should do the trick

maccruiskeen

^ Thats 147 amplifiers. So presuming they are 240v then

amplifiers X voltlifiers = wattlifiers

thats 35,280 watts. Should be adequate.

Milkie
    Free Member

Do you have mains power? Will it need it’s own power supply? How many people are you expecting to listen/hear (how many deep), 360° sound, 180°?

Oh and probably most importantly… Price Range..

I expect something like this will be ok.

maccruiskeen

Possibly mains – but I’ve to budget for a generator in case thats not available. How many people is a bit of an unmeasurable – its in the street, people are passing, some will stop for a while – how many…. probably only as many as can hear/ see!

Its a sort of catwalk / fashion thing so the music is more of an accompaniment than the focus – a bit of beat and rhythm for the waifs to strut about to, but the stage isn’t that tall, so if you’re more than say 5 people back you’re not going to be seeing much

CountZero

This is all that’s important:

allthegear
    Free Member

Get something. More powerful than you need and run it way under capacity. There’s nothing worse than someone running an amp so hard all you can hear is distortion.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PA / music – what watts for outdoors’ is closed to new replies.