Ozzies: NBN new connection

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ozzies: NBN new connection
  • aphex_2k

600m from the node, FttN

House internals re-cabled with cat5e

First couple of days getting 50/20 on 100/40 connection, was the best I expected due to distance. They’ve tweaked me today and my SNR has been lowered to 6bB on the up and down stream. Now getting >70down and >30up

Better than the 3 and 0.2 my ADSL gave me!

Bloody Pom!

You know it’s Aussies, not Ozzies right? This ain’t no heavy metal thing…

aphex_2k

Yeah, and it’s Dayta, not darts….. I do forget I’m in a foreign country sometimes. I have picked up an amazing grasp of the c word for even the most basic conversations.

Anyhoo, I’m off to rootube to find some hot HD echidna pr0n

aphex_2k

Nawww I got told off for trying to avoid the swear filter. Rollocks*.

*(a swiveling device attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds an oar in place and acts as a fulcrum during rowing.)

mikewsmith

We only bother with the 100mb package at work and that is shared between about 20, we can’t dent it.
    Had 50 at home and dropped to 25 in the end.

It’s damm good but unless you are doing everything at once 25 is perfect

On 100 here. Need it with two kids online gaming on PC whilt watching youtube on Ipad. Wife streaming netflicks.

aphex_2k

She could stream 4k with 100! Probs takes a big hit on ping if gaming tho.

Shame they didn’t do fttp for everyone as planned. We’ll be getting fibre to the curb soon enough but so far liking massive speed. Took its time but hey, glad it’s here now

Skype / FB vids to back home is superb too

mikewsmith

Well considering they top out around 25mbit
    https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306
    that is easy 😉 still not found much 4k in there yet

So far it’s still the web slowing me rather than anything else

aphex_2k

If you type in 4k in the NF search there’s a fair bit that comes up now.

I don’t have a 4k tv yet. Think ours is about 10 years old. Just does 1080p and has a Chromecast dongle in! Was looking at some in JB Hifi but they just whack up the store settings and make everything look super bright and colourful. They did have a HiSense 60″ in the sale that was reduced to 900 but just not arsed yet. Having said that, it’s tax time soon and I’ve been over paying $100 a fortnight so who knows… I might treat myself (if they can do a deal on a PS4 too!) haha

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ozzies: NBN new connection’ is closed to new replies.