• This topic has 37 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Elbows.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Ozark
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Watched the last episode last night.

Thought the ending was a bit lame.

Disappointed after such a good run.

Glad they aren’t flogging a dead horse and just carrying on.

martinhutch

Certainly surprised me, but wasn’t left unsatisfied by it.

Felt like the kind of message that Line of Duty was aiming for, but actually better delivered.

Can’t really discuss it any more without a spoiler tag on the title.

thols2

I thought it was very lame. Just utterly preposterous storylines, very lazy writing.

RustyNissanPrairie

I couldn’t unsee Trainspotting’s Mother Superior early on so that did it for me.

jon1973
    Free Member

I couldn’t unsee Trainspotting’s Mother Superior early on so that did it for me.

He’s an amazing actor. Never really thought he got type cast in the trainspotting role.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Have loved everything about Ozark up till now.
    Bit nervous about my upcoming disappointment when I finish it so thanks for that😀. Will let you know just how pants I think the ending is after I’ve watched it.

scuttler

I thought the whole thing including the ending was great.

BoardinBob

The ending was great. Can’t think of a better way to end it given everything that had happened so far

peter1979
    Free Member

I think I was hoping for something different based on how things had been going. But over the course of the last two episodes I called it and saw it coming.
    I guess at least it wasn’t obvious and it sparks some though/talk.
    Better than the Game of Thrones ending which was genuinely terrible.
    Hoping Better Call Saul will be a good one.

alpin
    Free Member

Isn’t just about every story line in Ozarks a load of bs?

Not yet watched the second half of S4 and I’m not sure I’ll bother.

thols2

Isn’t just about every story line in Ozarks a load of bs?

Pretty much. At it’s best it was watchable and mildly entertaining but it was like it was written by a ten-year old child imagining how drug cartels operate.

peter1979
    Free Member

It’s not real, btw.

thols2

It’s not real, btw.

Sure, but good tv scripts have plausible plots and characters.

sirromj

I didn’t call it on the ending, but I did think some of the plot was a little far fetched! What do I win? I was hoping for <spoiler>poop</spoiler>.

rone

Absolutely loving the second batch of episodes.

New characters, flipping of character arcs and plot suprises.

I think it’s fantastic.

scuttler

For the big 3+ season dramas who are the plausible characters?

Let me go first; Paulie Walnuts but not Walter White.

mattyfez

I gave up on it, the plot got rapidly more insane and unbelivable every episode to the point I thought, what am I even watching?

The acting I think was spot on, but the story was just pie in the sky nonsence.

Caher

Just finished it just now. Thought the whole thing was well worth watching.

skellnonch
    Free Member

Loved it, sad its finished 🙁

hooli

I finished it last night, thoroughly enjoyed it.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’ve enjoyed watching it but the ending was poor imv. It felt like the end of a season left with lots of openings for the next season.

binners

Just finished it last night and I’m with everyone who thought the ending was great. We’re thoroughly enjoyed it right from the off. Top notch telly!

chrisyork

Ahh bugger sounds like the ending has mixed feeling, well I’m loving it so far….yes it gets a bit far fetched but it’s just entertainment. There’s some true tripe I won’t watch but this isn’t one of them and I’ll always try and drag it out to make sure I don’t finish it too quickly 👍

martinhutch

Had a certain Sopranos-like ambiguity to it, which always upsets some viewers. But it did resolve the series, just in a slightly uncomfortable way. A couple of the season 4 plotlines did stretch the credibility barrier somewhat, but the whole arc of the drama was about the main characters performing increasingly implausible plate-spinning to stay alive.

BoardinBob

The use of music in the last series was fantastic. In particular the episode that used Nas’ Illmatic all the way through. The lyrics matched the plot and themes perfectly

CheesybeanZ

WTAF .

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

What a rubbish ending. I feel cheated.

rone

Great last series blighted for me by slightly uninteresting conclusion.

I was expecting a little more fireworks. (The car ‘incident’ was a weird dramatic cheat – not sure what they were doing with that.)

But still overall in my top 10 series.

thols2

The car ‘incident’ was a weird dramatic cheat – not sure what they were doing with that.

They were misdirecting their audience. It was lazy writing. Very weak way to finish the series.

funkmasterp

I agree that the ending was rubbish.

rone

They were misdirecting their audience. It was lazy writing. Very weak way to finish the series

The only thing I gleaned from that was that the Byrdes were invincible which is some justification.

But we already knew that.

john_l
    Free Member

The car ‘incident’ was a weird dramatic cheat – not sure what they were doing with that.)

Wasn’t that the opening scene from Ep1, season 1 though?

thols2

Yes, they set the audience up to assume that someone tried to kill them, only to have it turn out to be a very implausible accident. I’ve had a couple of minor car crashes and they hurt. You would not just walk away from that and go on with things like normal. It was just silly.

martinhutch

Season 4, not 1.

That was pretty daft, complete red herring with no payoff. It’s like they changed their minds about its significance as they were going along.

The only thing I gleaned from that was that the Byrdes were invincible which is some justification.

That was the point they were trying to make – dirty money and its politics always wins in America. There is no justice, and it corrupts downwards through the generations.

I can understand it being dissatisfying if you’re looking for characters to get what they deserve in dramas.

rone

I thought Navarro was going to get away and seek some sort vengeance.

And there was always a doubt that Wendy’s brother was actually dead – don’t know why as I’m sure there was a body at some point.

The misdirection in the first episode S4 pt1 ep1 – with Ruth and the ‘dream’ hits was very well done and good use of red-herrings.

Rockape63
    Free Member

A bit late to this, probably because watching the last part of the series has become more and more difficult! I only watched it finish last night, because I had a ruck with the missus and went into the other room to watch something she doesn’t! I was increasingly losing interest as it dragged on, so by the time it ended….. I really didn’t care much!

the-muffin-man

Like others – I felt the ending was poor as well. I was sat there expecting another episode to start. Then it didn’t, and it was a ‘was that it’ moment! 🙂

Didn’t tie up any loose ends up really. Felt like an open-ended cop-out so they can resurrect the series in the future.

Elbows

As always in the American dream, the losers win and the winners lose.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.