Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Oy – Nutters…
  • dannybgoode

As someone who suffers from mental health issues I don’t find this in any way offensive whatsoever.

Have we reached peak over sensitivity?..

Poundland Nutters: Mental health row over ‘offensive’ sweets – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41252887

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m coming to terms with my Bi-Polar and Anxiety and I’m not offended, more peckish looking at those.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

At what point do we reach “peak offensive”? Wherein EVERYTHING is somehow offensive.

dannybgoode

I find people who capitalise words deeply offensive…

moose
    Free Member

Ditto. If they said ‘bat-shit crazy nutcasers’ then maybe I’d be a bit cranky.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WELL, *** YOU, DANNY!

AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!

😉

dannybgoode

😀

P-Jay
    Free Member

It won’t be long – it’s a generational reaction to ‘Lad Culture’ of the previous generation which was a reaction to the ‘new romantic’ generation before who reacted blah blah blah you get the picture.

The biggest problem with “peak offence” is that proper offensive arseholes will always claim their caustic views are okay because everyone is offended by everything these days.

Drac

Drac

Hmmm! On an old church?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The biggest problem with “peak offence” is that proper offensive arseholes will always claim their caustic views are okay because everyone is offended by everything these days.

Quite. Could also go a little “boy who cried wolf” really. Everyone will be so dulled to the concept of what actually is offensive by everything being called offensive that the really offensive stuff will just slide in there. Not a good thing.

ninfan
    Free Member

Dime bar? Dime… bar?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

they should have made the packaging look like a sack and just had the word ‘Nuts’ tagline ‘grab yours…’

lol @ ninefan….haven’t heard that in years… 😀

Speshpaul

Nutter and proud.

Maybe we can make it another “N” word….. “only we can use Nutter… you’re not one of us, sane boy, you don’t get to say it”

kentishman
    Free Member

You may not be offended, but I will be offended for you. As long as I do not offend you by being offended.

windyg
    Free Member

Are they going to suggest that Fruitcake is banned for the same reason.

RustySpanner

🙂

You want to hear some severely disabled people ripping the piss out of each other, it’s **** hilarious.

slowoldman

Then of course there are these Nutters.

DezB
    Free Member

the name Nutters along with cross-eyed characters.

They shoulda called them Squint M&Ms”

Cougar

TBH, it’s not really the name that’s offensive in and of itself so much as the combination of the name and the image. Y’know, if you were trying really hard to be offended. A slight change of artwork would fix that right up.

I’d be more concerned about M&Ms’ lawyers myself.

Dime bar? Dime… bar?

My first thought also. “That bloke’s a nutter. Oi! Nutter!”

aracer
    Free Member

Another proud nutter here. As a white hetero male it’s nice for a change to be quite legitimately outraged at people who aren’t in my group deciding that I should be offended by something I’m not. 😉

I’ve tried really hard to work out why I should be offended – maybe it’s because my brain doesn’t quite work right that I don’t get it. Yes there are all sorts of stigma associated with mental health issues which make life more difficult than it might be, but the wording on a packet of sweets really isn’t one of them.

Esme
    Free Member

I reckon SNICKERS are more suitable snacks for you lot 😉

You can choose between:
    Moaner, Faffer, Done In, Miffed, Broken, Irritable, Grouchy, Numpty, Stroppy, Yawner, Sluggish, Mardy Bum, Grumpster, Knackered, Sleepyhead, Lazy Bones, Fuzzy Head, Wiped Out, Complainer and Drama Mama.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Oi loikes Armadillos. Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside.

Armadillos!

RobHilton
    Free Member

TBH, it’s not really the name that’s offensive in and of itself so much as the combination of the name and the image.

As someone who has done bits of work for MH services this is really the issue. It’s poking fun at the crazies.

As someone who has mild depression, suffers from OCD and compulsive self-destructive behaviour patterns, ICGAS.

As someone who has severe bulimia I could nom 10 packs of those right now!! Much choccy cheapness.

sirromj

everyone’s a fruit and nutcase

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

You’d have to be mental to be offended by that!

People shouldn’t be so damn precious. Perhaps if they spent their time getting offended by something real like, oh I don’t know, enforced “equality” and “tolerance” which actually does nothing but create more prejudice and ever-widening-divides in society for example, then maybe I’d give half a shit what they’re moaning about. Whinging, self righteous turds..

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

At what point do we reach “peak offensive”?

Whenever Ninfan posts? 😀

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Moaner, Faffer, Done In, Miffed, Broken, Irritable, Grouchy, Numpty, Stroppy, Yawner, Sluggish, Mardy Bum, Grumpster, Knackered, Sleepyhead, Lazy Bones, Fuzzy Head, Wiped Out, Complainer and Drama Mama.

POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

What about the other Dwarves?

jonnyboi

For balance, I don’t think I would feel comfortable taking a bag into our acute psychiatric unit when I’m next there.

Speshpaul

jonnyboi, I think that would take the sort of planning that your condition doesn’t normally allow for… 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Personally I’d take being called a nutter as a compliment.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/gsRNcxy0QhQ[/video]

I_did_dab
    Free Member

are M&Ms offensive to people with bad stammers?

yunki
    Free Member

Armadillos!

That was my catchphrase when I was incarcerated in the psychiatric unit – it earned me a lot of free dime bars from staff and other inmates.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Tasteless, yes. I daresay the product quality isn’t the greatest either.

But offensive? Well, I can’t speak for everyone but I’m not particularly fussed here.

Cougar

“Crunchy on the outside, smooth on the inside”, wasn’t it?

aracer
    Free Member

Personally I’m speaking for all the voices in my head, and none of them think it’s offensive.

Drac

[video]https://youtu.be/bqeGxMgVOHI[/video]

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5T54S2cgL8[/video]

perchypanther
    Free Member

Personally I’m speaking for all the voices in my head, and none of them think it’s offensive.

You’re good people.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Oy – Nutters…’ is closed to new replies.