Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox RLC vs CTD-A
  • roverpig

I was doing a bit of idle internet window shopping (as you do) and came across a couple of 140mm Fox forks.

fox-32-float-140-fit-rlc-£550

Fox-32-Float-140-CTDA-£450

Both a Kashima jobs with the FIT damper. So, the CTD-A is a newer fork and £100 cheaper. Is this just a case of one seller offering a better deal, or is the older RLC actually a better fork than the newer CTD-A?

LoCo
    Free Member

2013 CTD, go for the RLC, although 2014 updates are available now for the 2013 CTD FIT carts.

Avoid the CTD EVO, definatly get the RLC over that damper.

roverpig

Thanks LoCo. Yes I think it is the 2013 CTD. I rode a bike with the 2013 CTD Evo and that was indeed pretty awful, but presumably the one with the trail adjust option is better. But it sounds as though it still wouldn’t be as good as the 2012 RLC.

roverpig

frogstomp

What’s the pricing on this update (F34-29)? Is it a pretty straightforward installation?

mtbant
    Free Member

Also interested in the update for the F34-29er!

PeteT

Loco, out of curiosity, what’s up with the CTD Evo? Is it just the lack of compression damping people mention with the CTD FIT or is it something else?

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s just basic, the FIT dampers are considerably better, upgrades on the 2013/A damper are available via mojo at the moment as parts limited, although we can arrange upgrades

thewalker
    Free Member

loco cant the evo ones be upgrade,to factory. sorry ment to ask if shocks not forks could be upgraded

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox RLC vs CTD-A’ is closed to new replies.