Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Own up can you still fit into clothes you wore 20 years ago?
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yep – i can still get into my school uniform

wow, you were stacked for a schoolgirl then! :o)

nbt

aleigh – Member

when you’ve learnt to spell my name right then maybe i will

Oh go on ali, you know you want to. I’ll post up pics of me in my 20 yr old winkle picker shoes and heavy metal patch adorned jacket if you do. Or if you don’t, whichever is the most effective, promise or threat

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

That’s what happens dgoab

OI! Since I’m nearly twice that it would make me a gibbering… oh 🙁

mrsflash
    Free Member

😆 you said it!

miketually
    Free Member

My dad (59) still claims to wear the same size trousers as when he was 21, with a 32″ waist. Of course, now they’re fastened a little lower…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Of course, now they’re fastened a little lower…

I thought the waistline for old men gradually approached their armpits ??

miketually
    Free Member

I thought the waistline for old men gradually approached their armpits ??

He’s not an old man, he’s 59 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

nbt – Member

that reminds me, I still have all my metal t-shirts from my 6th form and uni days in a suitcase in the loft.

jules, i’m sat here wearing a nuclear assault 1988 uk tour shirt (i believe it was from when they supported slayer at newcastle city hall)…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

He’s not an old man, he’s 59

it has to start sometime…

cynic-al
    Free Member

couple of inches on the waist, similar hair do also.

slimtubing
    Free Member

still have a red sky coven vest from their 1989 german tour, it fits too.I also have a pair of Blundstone boots which I bought in tasmania in 1993, wore them today actually.

marsdenman
    Free Member

I was about to say the only thing I could still get over my shoulder from 20 years ago would be the bag from my paper-round(s) – then I realised that that’s more like 26-27 years ago……
    by ‘eck – £2 a week cash in hand for 5 nights……

<weeps into coffee>

hair style is broadly the same, though my fringe is retracting……

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

I’ve still got a wetsuit I bought in 1977. Still wear the jacket sometimes for kayaking.
    My excuse for cutting off the skinny arms is that I was only 13 when I bought it!

zaskar
    Free Member

Maybe… I was 12! but a fat bar stweard at that.

For my goal I want to fit my triathalon gear from 2003 when I was super fit (for me). Ok the ABS show off to women but not now-with slight belly!

Also it will save me money as I still hav slim fit riding gear :O)

I’m on a diet and losing weight slowly and steadily without too much effort. God it takes ages but try not to OCD on it.

I’m a 34 waist at the moment but usually 32 on the bones when ultra slim-3 months away easily.

Still about 8kg over my slim roadie physique but on my way back -right when summer ends lol.

Saw a huge 500 lbs yoko zuna of a guy in Tesco-wearing a bra and had ice cream, cooking oil etc in his trolley. He was 4 four times wider than me.

Poor guy probably hasn’t seen his pal for yrs.

jond
    Free Member

>metal t-shirts

Most of mine are in the loft ‘cos they’re a bit fragile now, but mostly wearable

I was wearing my (cut-off) ACDC back in black tour shirt a while back, and one mate asked another “…is that an original..?”.

And at one of the Rush anniversary gigs a few years back, wearing my Moving Pictures tour shirt, as I walked past a couple of guys propping up the bar I overheard “…I used to have one of those….and it still fits him!” Also passed a guy in his 20s and got a “cool shirt !” 🙂

Bunnyhop

I’ve still got a ski suit from 1990. It would be so cool to wear it on the slopes and get the funny looks. Everything was bright then.

aleigh
    Free Member

wow, you were stacked for a schoolgirl then

stacked? what are you trying to say mr barnes?!

emac65
    Free Member

If I had any I could easily fit in them,they’d be a bit baggy though as 20 years ago I was 14 stone with a 32″ waist.Still got the same waist size but my chest & shoulders etc are a hellova lot smaller …..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

stacked? what are you trying to say mr barnes?!

The best way out of a hole is to stop digging :o)

aleigh
    Free Member

Cheeky git! I’m slimmer now than what I was when I went to school I have you know!

scraprider
    Free Member

20 years ago , biker , only thing i can on is my leather jacket, that dont mean it fits mind you 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m slimmer now than what I was when I went to school I have you know!

then you was WAS stacked babe :o)

colnagokid

A-L-E-I-G-H
    Aleigh, go on then, school uni pics!
    and yes I can still get into my gear of 20 years ago! Some dodgy lycra’s all Ive got left mind ya!

aleigh
    Free Member

Barnes, I’m confused – don’t take a lot I know 😆

As for pics, this isn’t the place to be displaying such a thing…….I ain’t stupid! 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

I still wear my 1990 club jerseys.
    I did try on mt Speedo Triathlon crop top from the same era, ooooh dear. Looked like I’d stuffed a four season bag into a one season stuff sack.

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Own up can you still fit into clothes you wore 20 years ago?’ is closed to new replies.