Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • Own up can you still fit into clothes you wore 20 years ago?
  • Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Free Member

Being one not to throw away good quality clothing, I am today mostly wearing a top, which is 10 years old and shorts, which are 18 years old.

In the wardrobe there are even things dating back to the late 70’s

Premier Icon anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’m a bit of a different body shape nowadays, given I was 6 years old 20 years ago … regretably these natty postman pat slippers will no longer fit:

Premier Icon rogerthecat
    Free Member

errr no, was 3st heavier back then and just about to discover MTBs!!

Premier Icon DrJ
    Free Member

Gotta be kidding. If I can fit into stuff I wore TWO years ago I’m happy 🙁

Premier Icon nbt
    Free Member

Yep. ten years ago I wouldn’t have been able to, but I can now 🙂

Premier Icon thomthumb
    Free Member

no i was 4 – but a pretty snappy dresser.

now where is that sailor suit!!

Premier Icon juan
    Free Member

well 20 nope as I have grown up a fair bit since I as 10 but 10 years old that is more than likely 😀

Premier Icon tooslow
    Free Member

I have a couple of pairs of jeans I bought in ’89-’90 that I still wear now and then.

Premier Icon mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have a wonderful leather jacket my dad had when he was in his 20s which I can still fit into in my 40s.

I love it – it is so retro it gets comments whenever I wear it. 🙂

Premier Icon uplink
    Free Member

I’m the same size now as I was in the early eighties

Premier Icon montylikesbeer

erm……………………..no

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Free Member

Oh you’re all so young. Wipes tear from eye.

Premier Icon MrSalmon
    Free Member

I haven’t got much left from that long ago, but still wear stuff from 10+ years ago every day- I don’t buy many new clothes! Just in the last year or 2 though a couple of things have started to feel a bit tighter 🙁

Premier Icon simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yes

Premier Icon richpips
    Free Member

I still wear the first cycling top I ever bought which is 25yrs old.

Premier Icon Pigface
    Free Member

I wish 😥

Premier Icon hora
    Free Member

Im actually sat in the same Diesel jeans right now!

Premier Icon ski
    Free Member

my oldest bit of kit is 12 years old and that my wedding suit, it still fits me, thinking about it, I bet I could get into my Mrs wedding dress if needs must 😉

Premier Icon roper
    Free Member

I’m still wearing the same underpants. To be honest though the elastic is starting to show a bit now.

Premier Icon KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yes, I was a 34″ waist and a 42″ Chest at 21, I still am, admittedly there has been some weight fluctuation in 20 years.

Premier Icon mrsflash
    Free Member

Yup, I’m going horseriding on saturday and will be wearing the jodphurs I bought when I was 15. The top I was wearing yesterday is probably 10 years old as well.

Premier Icon Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Most of Mr MC’s clothes are at least 10-15 years old! I’m always ribbing him for being a cheap skate and not buying some new stuff! Admittedly I wouldn’t 20 years ago as that would’ve made me 10!! But 7-8 years ago maybe, working towards getting back into those clothes at the mo though!

Premier Icon GavinT
    Free Member

Easily, I’m much fitter now than I was at 21.

Premier Icon DickBarton

Yes (if 15 years is acceptable)…I’ve been a 32″ waist since I was about 16…I can still fit in my clothes – although the oldest bit of clothing I have is my kilt and that just fits me – bought 15 years ago…saying that, my chest has got slightly bigger and arms longer, but pretty much everything I own still fits me (but then I hardly buy new clothes – I wear them until they fall apart so it’s easy for me to confirm this!)

Premier Icon simonralli2
    Free Member

This is a timely thread as after 20 years I am going back to uni for a year to do my masters so need to reaquaint myself with what is de rigueur for studes. I’d say I am probably a 34 around the waist and was 32 at uni, but t shirts, shirts and jackets etc would all fit if I had any.

Premier Icon Drac

I know people who know me won’t believe this but no probably not trousers.

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Free Member

Lol @ roper. mmmm if I didn’t buy mr b.h new undies, he would be wearing them for years and years.

mrsflash let me know how you get on? Will you be walking like John Wayne on the SUnday?

Premier Icon noteeth
    Free Member

Given that my Joe Bloggs t-shirts were too large first time around, that would be a yes… 😳

Premier Icon mrsflash
    Free Member

Lol, bunnyhop I hope not! I’ve not been on a horse for 3 years though, so it’s a distinct possibility. We’re off for an hour and a half’s hack from kilnsey, really looking forward to it.

Premier Icon littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

easier – I was a very fat 12 yr old!

Premier Icon TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup – gone up a little round the waist – from 29 to 31 so depending how generously cut things were back then – I can still wear trousers I bought in 1977

Premier Icon hora
    Free Member

Yo-yo’d abit. I have lots of suits that just hang off my shoulders from early 00’s. Not because I was fat- thats where the builk of me sat. now its gone from my shoulders to my guts and ass!

Premier Icon simonralli2
    Free Member

I went a bit mad with a scanner a couple of weeks ago. I think I shall have a look through these and see if anything fits. I think the toga should deffo.

Be warned – some v dodgy mid – late 80s photographic content in these!

Premier Icon london_lady
    Free Member

Looking back at what I was wearing 20years ago (my uni hey days), even if I did fit into them I really don’t think that I want to wear them again! The only things I remember fondly from that wardrobe were the monkey boots that I wore all the time.

Premier Icon dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

nope, as i was 10, 20 years ago! can still fit into stuff i bought when i was 18 though.

Premier Icon aracer
    Free Member

For the first time in over 15 years I probably can right now. Wish I’d kept some of those clothes as my current ones are a bit tight.

Premier Icon domino

Hmm, 20 years ago I was 10 also. In my early teenage years I was flat as a pancake and lived in an odd combination of sportswear, checked trousers, checked shirts and cute skirts. All of that stuff has gone (thank goodness) but I did wear a top that I first wore when I was 18 the other week to go to a 70’s night, it had belonged to my Mum some years ago.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg

20 years!! pffft, i can till were stuff i wore at school in the 70’s

granted it’s a wooly beany hat but hey 🙂

Premier Icon dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

:-O i’ve just added a year to my age – i was only 9 twenty years ago. not even turned 30 yet, and losing my marbles 🙁

Premier Icon mrsflash
    Free Member

That’s what happens dgoab 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Own up can you still fit into clothes you wore 20 years ago?’ is closed to new replies.