Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • OWN shoes, anyone tried resoling them.
  • nixie

The company seems dead but other than the midsole my shoes are far from it. Has anyone tried having the mid section resoled? Did it last if you did and did you manage to keep the front and rear semi studded sections?

Speeder

Shame. I quite liked the ethos and they got good reviews. Hope the guys didn’t lose out too badly o it, I can imagine making shoes isn’t cheap.

Just a shame they were so damn ugly and expensive. Never a great combination. I did think about them the other day but struggled to look them up as I couldn’t rememeber the name.

nixie

I really like mine (hence wanting.to repair). They are comfortable and I like how low profile they are. Luckily didn’t pay anywhere near full price. The website is still there but seems dead with no recent updates. I hope they aren’t gone and are just working on a new version but somehow think that they are.

mrhoppy

I emailed them a while back about whether there was anything new on the horizon as I liked mine but they were disintegrating. I got nothing from them, I fear they are dead.

I went for the new vaude boots and they are really good.

nixie

🙁

Which boots were those?

mrhoppy

Vaude Moab am stx. These

mrhoppy

If you’ve got small feet I have a spare set of the OWNs floating about that Mrs hoppy bought but didn’t get on with.

bigblackshed

Marking an interest.

The only way OWN shoes could be improved would be to add some Stealth 5-10 mid soles. Other than that I love mine.

nixie

Those boots look nice, waterproof as well.

Thanks for the offer, I’m 10.5 so probably not going to be the right size unfortunately. Would love to get another set though.

nixie

@bigblackshed if I can get only the mid sole done them was intending to try 5.10 rubber. Only going to try if only.that section can be done. Hopefully it can be as that’s section that appears to be pealing away in mine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘OWN shoes, anyone tried resoling them.’ is closed to new replies.