• This topic has 32 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Ow so tempted to crush this woman.
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’m cycling down a country lane at my leisure, a teacher, at a very small school, in the middle of nowhere, revs her engine, in her very big 4×4 behind me, just so as to let me know she is there, …and would like to rush past, she is important, and so is her job. She teaches snotty nosed, well-to-do kiddies, with no accents and all too absent business men fathers not too ask too may questions that they surely won’t like the answers too.

The school is merely 400 yards away, it is 8.40am – this time I shall not relent. I do not. A vehicle comes the other way, she stops for this willingly, but curses under her stinking breath.

This happens when we coincide, about twice a week….

Before,…. I have, twice I believe, slowed at a passing point, so she can ease past (due dilligence), she doesn’t ease past, she blows past, with no acknowledgment.

I say **** her with a big stick.

Let battle commence.

shermer75
    Free Member

Banana in the tailpipe

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

A raised single digit is harm enough…

Northwind

I’m assuming you’ve used up your landmines?

bigrich

get OFSTEAD on her ass

andyl
    Free Member

Banana in the tailpipe

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Dear Headmaster & Governors…

I am concerned that you are placing undue pressure on your staff to arrive early to the extent that one of your teachers behaves like….

slackalice
    Free Member

Choose your battles young padiwan. Two tonnes of 4×4 versus you and your bike…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Sorry, but if she is actually a teacher, and it’s 8.40, and she is on time, then she has a bloody cushy number in that school and should chill the fork out!
    Signed,
    A teacher who can only dream of turning up that late…

Squidlord
    Free Member

snotty nosed, well-to-do kiddies, with no accents and all too absent business men fathers not too ask too may questions that they surely won’t like the answers too

Wow.

isitafox
    Free Member

In a similar vein can we have a school rant?? Namely parents who don’t send their kids to their local school but to the one one village over as they’re stuck up their own arses and make the road past it a car park for two hours a day!

slimporcini
    Free Member

Tracker1972, my missus would testify to that as well.

shermer75
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member
    Banana in the tailpipe
    POSTED 6 HOURS AGO #
    Whathaveisaidnow – Member
    A raised single digit is harm enough…

Two bananas?

cheekyget
    Free Member

Sounds to me like she ain’t late for school, but wants to hurry up drop the brats off and rush back for some serious Jeremy Kyle time

Best way to upset car drivers is ride in the middle and go sloooooooow….lol

crezzy

Big handful of grease on the end of exhaust ,it won’t set fire but will end up been laid up in a garage for weeks because it will seem to persistently blow smoke

shermer75
    Free Member

crezzy – Member
    Big handful of grease on the end of exhaust ,it won’t set fire but will end up been laid up in a garage for weeks because it will seem to persistently blow smoke

That is one highly stretched euphemism

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Let battle commence.

Is the wrong answer.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

does the grease help with the banana?
    Is it related to this bus ad?

CheesybeanZ

snotty nosed, well-to-do kiddies, with no accents and all too absent business men fathers not too ask too may questions that they surely won’t like the answers too

Were you a big Marillion fat in the 80s ?

drofluf
    Free Member

No reckon he sides his kids to that school; that’s why he knows it so well 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’d get out of the way. 🙄

twonks

As un-keyboard warrior like as it is, I’d just move over and let her go about her day.

She’s in a large heavy lump of metal and rushed / ignorant to the point of being oblivious to the damage she can do to a cyclist.

Antagonise this too much and one day she’ll really see red and likely squash you – intentially or otherwise.

‘Cycling down a country lane at my leisure’ suggests you are in no particular rush, not stressed and enjoying life more than missus highly strung 4×4.

I’d keep it that way.

MoreCashThanDash

Firstly, I’d put my class prejudices to one side, as it takes away completely from the point of your argument.

Then I’d take some time to get my inner keyboard wannabe warrior in check. See point above.

Then, if I am sure that she is a teacher at that school, I might prepare and send the letter mikewsmith was starting above.

infidel
    Free Member

Morecashthandash +1.

Why make your stress with the driver a class war issue? Why assume people whose kids are at a private school are of a particular type. How insulting to people who may be working hard to commit to a personal choice about kids education – assuming all fathers in that situation are absentee with snotty nosed children? This sort of discriminatory accusation is no different to racism or homophobia and you belittle both yourself and this forum by settling into such a cliched stereotype.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Somehow the arrogant, impatient and inconsiderate drivers delivering their children to the private school on the hill renewed my long-abandonned class prejudices when I encountered them yonks ago. I’d forgotten that, but now see where the OP is coming from.

infidel
    Free Member

I suspect they are no worse than the arrogant, impatient and inconsiderate parents who routinely try to kill me on my daily commute past one of the local state schools and the similarly inclined drivers at the roundabout by the hospital I work at.

The issue is the drivers / cyclist interface surely, not their class or place they are going to/from???

drofluf
    Free Member

Infidel and MoreCashThanDash have it nailed I think!

IdleJon

Were you a big Marillion fat in the 80s ?

😆

Open the book of Marillion lyrics at any page and you’ll get sage advice:

I give peace signs when I wage war in the disco
    I’m the warrior in the ultra violet haze
    Armed with antisocial insecurity
    I plan the path of destiny from this maze, c’mon

birdage

Apart from the misuse of ‘too’that is a beautiful piece of social commentary, I was imagining it sung by Morrissey or perhaps a commentary by Alain de Botton?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

ISTR they took it up a level from the norm, then turned into the school gates. I’ll leave it there.

Sorry – abandoned – I always get that one wrong.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upmlseC1pbw[/video]

unovolo
    Free Member

a teacher, at a very small school, in the middle of nowhere, in her very big 4×4 revs her engine just so as to let me know she is there, …and would like to rush past, she is important, and so is her job. She teaches snotty nosed, well-to-do kiddies,

Ex wife bon chance?

Andy

Sounds to me like an appointment, a nice stroll into the school, and a friendly chat about how often it is happening and how you can accommodate each other on the road. That way all the confrontation taken out of it. She might not know that she is doing anything wrong 🙂

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Ow so tempted to crush this woman.’ is closed to new replies.