• This topic has 1,152 replies, 133 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by zokes.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 1,153 total)
  • Overtaking.
  • camo16
    Free Member

If only “HE” was here…..

“HE”? You mean…

Solo
    Free Member

If only “HE” was here…..

Solo
    Free Member

😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Thats not him “HE” has lustrous hair that is never confined in a hat or a helmet……….

camo16
    Free Member

Hah! Same wavelength!

Your pic’s better though, Solo. 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No, not “HIM”, but “HIM!”

camo16
    Free Member

HE has lustrous hair

Surely you don’t mean…

Let’s all take a minute here to salute the majesty that is Burt.

Solo
    Free Member

HE has lustrous hair that is never confined in a had or a helmet……….

Oh !

In which case, forget overtaking, just driving must be a feat with all that hair.

Solo
    Free Member

Camo16.

^^ thats not hair, Burt totes a syrup. Which precludes fast and speedy overtaking, lest the driver needs to pull over to recover said rug from the foot well of the rear seats.

camo16
    Free Member

Burt totes a syrup.

* Feels. World. Disintegrating. *

Which precludes fast and speedy overtaking, lest the driver needs to pull over to recover said rug from the foot well of the rear seats.

You’re missing a vital point, Solo – See Evidence#1, the ‘Burt Stetson’

Never in the history of fast film getaways has a hat in a car been so important…

Solo
    Free Member

has a hat in a car been so important…

Evidently, and the passenger seems to be happy about that also.

So, there we have it, ditherers and hard chargers !, certain drivers should perhaps consider wearing a hat when driving !

camo16
    Free Member

😆

Hmm. I’ve been overtaken by reckless speedmongerers quite a few times. I don’t remember any of these thoughtless/efficient* drivers wearing a hat. I think you’re onto something.

* delete as appropriate

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you the person right up the arse of the lorry, stuck at 40mph, testing that your indicator relay is working, having got there by leaving your passing manoeuvre until the very last minute as you were busy chilling out and enjoying the view of the passing countryside?

Of course not.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Solo, is that hat for sale? Can’t see it in the tags…

thegreatape
    Free Member

HIM ?

Pigface
    Free Member

I may be mistaken but the one on the left is a HER I think, there are some not so subtle hints 😉

Why in the name of God are they sitting on? Some stretch Hayabusa?

legend
    Free Member

Volvospeed eh……

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

^^That Volvo is effing AWSUMZ!^^

KennySenior
    Free Member

It’s everything a tandemphile motorcyclephile could want Pigface. Therefore it must be HIM.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 of course how could I be so dull?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s everything a tandemphile motorcyclephile could want Pigface. Therefore it must be HIM.

No helmets, too. Big headlights, mind you.

aracer
    Free Member

I do, I signal, it gets ignored. The little orange light.

Have you checked that the previous owner didn’t upgrade your Passat with BMW indicators? It could explain an awful lot of your problems, after all you really need to drive like a BMW driver if you’ve got BMW indicators, and the evidence would suggest you don’t.

CountZero

Is this thread still going? Crivens!

piemonster

Although Molgrips has only posted once on this page, so his either giving up or got a life.

Giving up….

bigyinn
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

No helmets, too. Big headlights, mind you.
    Think you’re confusing headlights with airbags CFH.

Solo
    Free Member

Giving up….

I’d be surprized. Molgrips never gives up when his reputation for driving skillz, is at steak.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mmmmm steak.

Eeeeek stake

Solo
    Free Member

I think thats why BMW drivers drive as they do. Too much steak. Bet if you sat them behind a stake while driving, that they’d calm down.
    😉

freddyg
    Free Member

I drive a BMW but only have steak 2 or 3 times a year. However, I have poached eggs with it every time.

Disclaimer: I also drive a Seat Ibiza and ride a motorcycle. Not at the same time. That would be silly.

camo16
    Free Member

The last few pages of this thread are seriously lacking in anger and righeous indignation. I imagine Molgrips is now all, like,

Edukator
    Free Member

I’m no doubt one of the reasons some on here feel the need to overtake. I trundle along at the legal limits (yes I do know my speedo reads fast)which are sometimes slower because it’s a big white thing. I can’t see out the back but there are mirrors and now and then I see cars appear in the mirror and then whizz past (I move over for bikes because it pleases me the way they wave a leg when I do). I can’t see the drivers as they go past but I usually get a nice view of the ladies in the passenger seat. Why do they look scared? The lady sitting next to me doesn’t look scared.

freddyg
    Free Member

Edukator, if you’re trundling along at the speed limit (where appropriate), the only reason to overtake you is if the overtaking driver is either:
    a) looking to improve their view of the approaching road*
    b) a knob

* I can understand why driving behind a van can be difficult or frustrating. They have the performance of an average car but can be like driving behind a wall that obscures visibility. Simple solution is for the following driver to drop back.

If you’re hovering around 55mph, I would overtake (if safe) and continue at 60 (in NSL area, obviously). If you’re hovering around 60 and I’m in the car, I’ll drop back; if I’m on the bike, I’ll overtake to improve my visibility along the road.

wwaswas

only have steak 2 or 3 times a year. However, I have poached eggs with it every time

I’ve lived 47 years and never even heard of this combo, let alone eaten it. Where do they serve it?

If you’re hovering around 55mph

cut down on the sprouts…

Solo
    Free Member

I trundle along at the legal limits
    Slight whiff of Troll 😉

(yes I do know my speedo reads fast)
    This shouldn’t effect another member of the public making the decision to overtake though.

I move over for bikes because it pleases me the way they wave a leg when I do
    Are they crashing ? 😆
    Just kidding, I move over for bikes too, the usual caveats apply.

but I usually get a nice view of the ladies in the passenger seat.

Why do they look scared?…..

richmtb

Edukator, if you’re trundling along at the speed limit (where appropriate), the only reason to overtake you is if the overtaking driver is either:
    b) a knob

c) you know that although the van (or car for that matter) is travelling at a reasonable speed they will very likely catch someone who isn’t and you will have to overtake them both, so if an easy overtaking opportunity appears then I’ll overtake the 55mph driver

freddyg
    Free Member

I’ve lived 47 years and never even heard of this combo, let alone eaten it. Where do they serve it?

In my kitchen. Fancy coming over for dinner? Rare fillet steak with a couple of poached eggs is a wonder to behold.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    br
    Free Member

b) a knob

But his speed limit in a van could be 50mph, while mine in a car could be 60mph.

Solo
    Free Member

could be

In this place, anything is possible.
    😉

Accept for a clear understanding about whos turn it is to face death and the wrath of Molgrips, to….Ovotake !

Of course, you do know who eats Steak and egg before every mission, don’t you ?
    😉

Wonder if these guys know much about overtaking.

molgrips
    Free Member

I bet they know about queueing.

“Sierra romeo four three five, descend to angels nine zero and form holding pattern”

“Screw that, I can easily get down there before that C150, I’ve got a really fast plane! He’ll take ages!”

Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 1,153 total)

The topic ‘Overtaking.’ is closed to new replies.