Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Overseas biking spoils local riding – discuss
  • Nico
    Free Member

Jaffa cakes. Fig rolls are nasty.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is it just post holiday blues tortoise? Or OD of riding?

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

I have to say that i did always get a bit of a downer the first few rides back in the surry hills from coming back from the alps.

But it soon passes.

And then I moved out to the alps.. what does that say I wonder.

Not knocking the UK trails – I love scotland especially. But here you have the added benefit of Cable cars, trains, and the odd 1000m climb. I love it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I’m lucky enough to have ridden throughout the Alps and BC, as well as Colorado and Utah, and the Sierra Nevada, but I still reckon that some of best biking I’ve done is within 15 miles of my home. But I do live in Scotland, where rights of access are a huge bonus.

alpin
    Free Member

what if our local trails are the alps?

unfortunately they aren’t anymore as i moved away due to love, what ever that is….

even when living beside proper 1000m mountains i sometimes couldn’t be bothered to get out on the bike. think there was a period in summer where due to work, the lake, beers and drugs that i didn’t really go ‘riding’ for three or four weeks.

now living with 200m climbs on the door step and a large but relativley small (300-800m) mountain range where 2000m climbing is easily possible. have i been there? yeah, once in three months.

will give it a bash tomorrow or weekend though.

and cable cars/chair lifts is cheating. earn your ride, don’t pay for it.

doug_basqueMTB.com

We built some of our best trails in Scotland after comming back from our holidays full of ideas and a bit of confidence! Never suffered from the ‘this is rubbish’ downer after coming back, more from ‘biking’s great, lets do more’ I’d say.

druidh
    Free Member

flowmtbguy – Member

Not knocking the UK trails – I love scotland especially. But here you have the added benefit of Cable cars, trains, and the odd 1000m climb. I love it.

What exactly are the benefits of cable cars and trains?

twohats
    Free Member

Scotland – go where you like and find your own routes in the most wild and remote part of Europe.

I love the way you’re selling Scotland as a wilderness when compared to true European wildernesses such as Norway, northern Sweden and Finland, it pails in insignificance!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Two hats – Its very similar to northern Norway. Population density is similar albeit over a smaller area. couple this with the right to roam. http://www.eupedia.com/europe/maps_of_europe.shtml#density_population

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Overseas biking spoils local riding – discuss’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts