Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Overnight wild camping with kid
  • mrmchammer
    Free Member

Got tent, sleeping stuff, food, cooking stuff, drink stuff. What have I not thought about?

StirlingCrispin

Marshmallows.
    Spare pants for the kid.

Enjoy!

matt_outandabout

Pack of cards
    Headtorch.
    Bog roll and trowel.
    Toothbrushes.

Have a good one.

Ambrose

Nanny?

Coconuts?

mashr

Eye mask

johndoh
    Free Member

Werewolf mask?

davy90
    Free Member

Penknife
    First aid kit

And if over 12, WiFi and extra phone battery pack….

Have fun.

anagallis_arvensis

Lack of a toilet would be the problem with my lad, we stick to campsites.

davy90
    Free Member

Our cat hole trowel was also frequently used to make sandcastles and dam streams. Good times.

Looking forward a couple of nights of leisurely cycle camping with our now teens over the half term.

northernsoul

Spooky Campfire Stories

joshvegas
    Free Member

Pack of cards… Pffft.

Pass the pig and uno

johndoh
    Free Member

^^^ Pass the Pig , best game everer. Leaning Jouler anyone?

justinbieber

I went wild camping with my girls a few years back, and it was hands down one of the best nights ever. Didn’t take toys, games or anything. Just mucked around on a hillside, played in a stream, found some slugs and ate some pasta (not related). I woke them up early to see sunrise and although they were slightly bleary eyed, the excitement in their eyes as they saw the colours change as dawn broke was totally worth it.

dyna-ti

Have a small campfire and supply kid with a stick to poke it with. They will happily sit and poke the damn thing all night.

matt_outandabout

^^^ Pass the Pig , best game everer. Leaning Jouler anyone?

Makin’ bacon….

hatter

Don’t underestimate how cold kids can get at night even if the days family mild.

We found merino base layers and a hat to sleep in pretty essential.

Also if its just you and the kid, make sure wherever you’re going has phone signal otherwise you’ll be pretty stuffed if something untoward happens.

tonyd

+1 to fire and marshmallows. Plus lots more snacks and sweets. If it’s going to be a clear night and not much light pollution then star gazing is fun, download an app to help identify them!

Cougar

If it’s going to be a clear night and not much light pollution then star gazing is fun, download an app to help identify them!

Nah. Google them beforehand, then impress the kid with your oarsum knowledge.

Either that or just lie. “That one there is the Unicorn. Just to the left is Shatner’s Bassoon, then if you go up a bit you’ll see the Great Womble, or to give it its Latin name, Bulgarius Unclius.”

barney
    Free Member

Everything is covered in the article Hannah linked to up there 🙂

In short, take all of the jelly babies. ALL OF THEM. All of the warm clothes, too, and in the morning, make sure you adequately refuel the sleep-deprived before spectacular tantrums ensue. Don’t bother with brushing teeth. Don’t forget a trowel, and make sure your prospective toilet isn’t in a stone floored quarry…

Cougar

A poopy frood always knows where their trowel is.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.