Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Overnight parking The Marin Trail
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Planning my maiden voyage in the van Friday night into Saturday, start early on the Saturday and ride the Marin Trail before heading home for the rest of the weekend. Wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere to park up for the night where I’ll be safe sleeping in the back.

steveh

You could park in the main trail car park ok but I’d head out to the small car park jsut where the path crosses the road for the first time after the first descent, will be nice and quiet.

martinhutch

As above, there’s a car park further up the road where the trail crosses. I’ve spent the night there without any hassle. Marked as ‘Hafna’ on the trail map.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Don’ the staff do a sweep of the car park before locking up the entrance gate?

martinhutch

No gates at Hafna car park when I went.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Ahhh nice one cheers thanks for that chaps. Have read about some Britstops book/membership which I wonder could be handy in the future.

northerntom
    Free Member

There are other alternatives: If you drive further up there is a car park on the left of the road (if you’re driving up) which overlooks a lake. Some picnic benches there as well. Also, I believe you could park at lake geirionydd.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Overnight parking The Marin Trail’ is closed to new replies.