Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Overboard backpacks
  • boxfish
    Free Member

I am in the market for a waterproof rucksack (as opposed to a rucksuck with a rain cover) for a 6 mile commute. I’ll be transporting a 15″ laptop, my lunch and some clothing.

Has anyone got an Overboard 20 litre or 30 litre rucksack? If so, what do you think? Are they comfortable? Robust? Your views are appreciated!

ontor
    Free Member

alpkit?

DaveBro
    Free Member

I have one, its solid / robust and well made, if a touch heavy… – probably not an issue over 6 miles, however I prefer my alpkit bag, not as robust, but lighter, simpler and cheaper – but i wouldn’t put a laptop in either unless in a padded sleeve.

boxfish
    Free Member

Thanks Dave

scotroutes

Blacks do an own-brand waterproof rucksack – in fact they do it in various sizes. There are separate drybag-type fastenings for the main body and the lid pocket.

coopersport1
    Free Member

I’ve got one and it has been spot on great for the money

derekfish
    Free Member

I’ve got one, they work fine Vertical 8, french brand

trebord
    Free Member

got both the 20 and 30L. brilliant bags.

jamiep
    Free Member

there is a shop in Glasgow
    I have their dry bags – cheap and very robust

wiggles
    Free Member

Akpkit gourdon. Great waterproof bag, cheap and just works.

holster
    Free Member

Try the Lomo ones, this 30l one is only £25

http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/drybag-daypack.html

They also do larger sizes.

slugwash
    Free Member

I’ve got the 20L Overboard and 20L & 30L Alpkit Gourdons.

The Overboard is more robust and holds out the water for longer in atrocious conditions but is much less comfortable than the Gourdons, sitting higher up on my back (I’m 5’10”). I tend to use the Gourdons for bike related stuff and the Overboard for carrying stuff short distances on foot or sailing, etc. I’d gladly buy another Gourdon but probably wouldn’t bother replacing the Overboard.

The Overboard waterproof smart phone dry bag thingies are ace though.

HTH.

zippykona

Can second all the comments above. Robust, heavy in your hand but not noticeable on your back.
    Wish there was some sort of compartments inside. There is a pocket but its too deep and the opening not big enough. Just me being picky.
    As well as being totally waterproof I like that you can just wipe it dry meaning no puddles on your floor.
    Wouldn’t be without mine.

boxfish
    Free Member

Thanks all!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Overboard backpacks’ is closed to new replies.