Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • over the bars 3 times yesterday
  • jonahtonto
    Free Member

i havent been riding off road much this winter and so yesterday i took my big bouncy bike for a spin around my local woods to make sure the brakes i had just fitted were working.
    the back one wasn’t.
    also i had stuck a 200mm rotor on the front, the trails were muddy and mainly off camber. this combination meant any attempt to brake at all sent me over the bars landing softly amoungst the bluebells.
    i honest haven’t had that much fun in ages.
    its amazing how you build up the idea that crashing is always going to really hurt, whereas in reality its often just really funny

skindog
    Free Member

I went with my brother to the Braefoot trails near Aberdour yesterday and worked on our jumping, we were laughing and grinning like 16 year olds (now in our 30s) as we variously got things wrong and went OTB.

I was so much fun and apparently suffered nothing more than a few scrapes.

This morning I woke up and feel like I’ve been hit by a truck and feel entirely my age. It’s a challenge to wipe my own ass.

Take care out there!

darrenspink
    Free Member

I often wonder how many people (per week) seriously hurt themselves. I convince myself that its not that dangerous in comparison to the possible consequences of traveling at 30mph on the road with 1 ton metal cages but maybe im wrong?

Daffy

skindog – Member
    I was so much fun and apparently suffered nothing more than a few scrapes.

This morning I woke up and feel like I’ve been hit by a truck and feel entirely my age. It’s a challenge to wipe my own ass.

Genuine LOL! 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘over the bars 3 times yesterday’ is closed to new replies.