Over taking in races

Home Forum Bike Forum Over taking in races

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Over taking in races
  • Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

Have to say, of all the crap overtaking/holding up behaviour I’ve seen, probably 95% of it was in just 3 laps of 10 Under The Ben, just awful..

Ten Under the Ben seems to have its own rules:

Actually riding your bike anywhere is entirely optional.
    When on foot feel free to ignore everyone else.
    Better still hop off, shortcut the course and get back on in front of people who are actually riding the obstacles – then ride slow and wobbly down the remainder of the singletrack

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

richmtb – Member

Better still hop off, shortcut the course and get back on in front of people who are actually riding the obstacles

I mean to say, yes, I am aware of that phenomenon.

To be fair I was slow and unfit so I can hardly criticise, I did 3 laps, spat the dummy and went home. But I kept my crapness to myself!

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

Its the steps followed by the little rock slab near the start that always results in mincecore carnage especially on the first lap

It doesn’t matter that anyone remotely fit beats me up the fireroad climb that follows, having to stop because the trail ahead is blocked by people **** walking really pisses me off.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I won’t touch a Torq product thanks to a **** in their team in a Mayhem nearly 10 years ago

The man in charge of Torq is EXTREMELY keen on people being nice in races – he drills the riders on what to say and how to behave. If he found out any of his riders were being arses I’m sure they’d be kicked out immediately.

Overtook up to about 4th and the guy didnt want me to go past. He would sprint like hell on the wider bits then hold me up for the rest of the lap.

As above, if you’re battling within your own race, that’s fair game. The only thing that’s not, I reckon, is forcing people off their bikes by doing stuff like slowing right down at the crest of a steep bit to force the rider behind to dismount. Although I understand that’s a valid tactic in CX?

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Over taking in races’ is closed to new replies.