Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Outdoor Turbo
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Anyone have an outdoor turbo trainer or rollers set up?

no chance of squeezing anything into either the house or the shed 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve done it before, there’s the added layer off faff in having to get the turbo, table, laptop, extension lead etc out every time, but it works just as well. With the added bonus that the noise of the turbo/fan isn’t reverberating around a small room so it all feels a bit calmer.

You do still need a fan though which looks a bit bonkers outside. And music at gym levels may be a bit anti-social.

Depends how crowded you house is, but doing it outside is no less faff than doing it inside and putting it away each time, except the bike doesn’t need to be spotless (and wheel on turbos tend to result the rear tyre spreading a stripe of rubber particles along the carpet and wall). As long as you can store it somewhere (which is the same inside or outside) then mines been setup in the living room, kitchen, spare rooms and bedrooms of various places I’ve lived, the turbo just gets folded up and slid under the bed, stairs, behind the sofa or wherever and the bike wheeled back to the shed.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Maybe worth thinking about a basic plastic “greenhouse/marquee” to put over the setup during the next week of chilly easterly winds (at least down here on south coast).

grahamt1980

Thinking of doing exactly that out the back of our house. We thankfully have a large covered section at the back so rain protected

soobalias
    Free Member

hadnt even considered a screen or fan. music is fine through earphones
    sure i must know someone with an old gazebo.

time to get the tape measure out

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve done it, you still need a fan though and it’s not any easier 🙂

I have ‘sweat resistant’ earphones (Anker Soundbuds) that I’m not worried about getting sweaty – they work very well and were cheap. Block out loads of noise too.

Of course turbo-ing doesn’t necessarily need a laptop unless you are Zwifting etc. My wife likes audio books on her phone.

If you have the grass space I reckon one of those Coleman event shelters would be perfect to protect your kit and also you whilst riding from rain.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Outdoor Turbo’ is closed to new replies.