Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Outdoor pizza ovens in shit weather…
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I finally have a gas fired pizza oven (which is bloody great) and do weekly pizza night. However the weather is not so great so what can I do when it’s raining, windy (which it nearly always is where I live) and cold? I was wondering if it is acceptable to cook in the doorway of our utility room (ie, gas bottle outside and the pizza oven on a small table just inside the open door to ensure there is plenty of ventilation).

If not, what does everyone else do?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Yeah if you have a through draft I wouldn’t worry.

nixie

Our heavy oven kicks out so much heat I just stand next to it under a parasol (if its raining).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    intheborders
    Free Member

However the weather is not so great so what can I do when it’s raining, windy (which it nearly always is where I live) and cold?

You live in the UK and didn’t consider this before you bought it?

Apt username 🙂

The-Beard

I get wet and soggy – everyone else sits inside and enjoys pizza…

Yeah, it works just fine!

chaos

We have a small gazebo from somewhere like Argos that I’ve popped up outside the back door for those sort of occasions.

With hindsight, one of the ones with an optional side panel to block wind/sideways rain would have been better but it’s usually fine.

mattyfez

I think I’d just use one of these in the oven in winter:

https://www.procook.co.uk/product/procook-pizza-stone-38cm-15in

Mainly as your’re not wasting all the heat by doing it outside 😀

the-muffin-man

https://deliveroo.co.uk/

Happy to help!

peekay

Is this any different to those people who are not connected to the mains gas and have gas bottles outside their house for use by the kitchen hobs/oven, or people in caravans?

nixie

Not quite the same doing that, or anywhere near as quick. Also can’t do a cook off with the residual heat.

fasthaggis

OP
    If you do not have a covered over garden cooking space (constructed from pallets),I fear you may have to hand back your STW membership 😀 😆

DrP

i’ve tried cooking inside wth my Uuni… jsut sets teh fire alarm off!
    For now (yesterday’s pizza party was great as it was still and dry) I just cook on the patio, and everyone else stays warm inside!!

DrP

jp-t853

OP
    If you do not have a covered over garden cooking space (constructed from pallets),I fear you may have to hand back your STW membership 😀 😆

Here’s mine 🙂

https://i.postimg.cc/mDTYgHfk/Outdoor-kitchen-3.jpg

simon_g

I just cook outside if it’s raining, maybe try to protect it a bit with a parasol but raindrops don’t seem to have much effect on the temperature inside.

Indoor is OK as long as there’s plenty of ventilation, ooni shoot their videos indoors but with a great big commercial extractor.

drinfinity
    Free Member

If it properly burns the gas, it might be safe, but I’d suggest a CO meter. If you are using wood or charcoal, then absolutely not safe inside – the CO will kill you.

We have a wood OONI and it’s the wood and smoke that makes the great pizza.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.