Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • outdoor clothing repairs
  • jonnyrockymountain

Got a really nice marmot coat and the zip is knackered, anyone know of a good clothing repair co/shop (Huddersfield) or could post?

RustySpanner

Lancashire Sports Repairs.

Just down the road from us and very good people to deal with.

Cougar

I was going to suggest the same.

molgrips
    Free Member

Scottish Mountain Gear were superb both on the phone and with the tent I sent in. Surprisingly cheap and came back very quickly despite being based in some implausibly remote location.

Won’t go anywhere else.

EDIT ah, they are now based in East Lothian.. I swear it was somewhere the other side of the Highlands last time…

RustySpanner

🙂

It’s a great area if you’re a fan of the outdoors.

And rain.
    About 60 hours now, all conceivable varieties.

jonnym92

Used LSR to replace the zip on a decent Berghaus jacket. They had to replace the whole lot, it was taped too, was about £40 and they did a great job. Couldn’t colour match exactly but asked me what I’d prefer which was nice.

coynie09
    Free Member

Another one for http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/had boots & tent repaired…

footflaps

I only used LSR once, after a recommendation on here, and they totally botched up a repair on a GTX jacket of mine, which went in the bin afterwards. So I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

+1 for Scottish Mountain Gear. Fixed my tent poles while I waited mid holiday a few years ago.

maccruiskeen

EDIT ah, they are now based in East Lothian

Take it from someone who spent 3 months working there last year….. its on the wrong side of Scotland, so still unplausibly remote – mainly due to the Sherifhall Roundabout. 🙂

jonnyrockymountain

cheers guys

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Another recommendation for Scottish Mountain Gear. Just had a zip on a buffalo top repaired. Was expecting them to replace the zip but they repaired it instead.

Had a bad experience with LSR years ago so won’t go back.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘outdoor clothing repairs’ is closed to new replies.