Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Outbuilding doors ideas
  • geolog
    Free Member

Nearing completion on a new house which comes with a couple of bike storage options, including two brick built, wooden doored outbuildings immediately off the back of the house. Even the laziest of bike thieves could crowbar open the doors in their current state. Are there any doors/ door and reinforcement solutions out there that I should be looking at that don’t cost more than a bike?

cromolyolly
    Free Member

What’s the door construction? Is the issue that the door is too weak or the locking arrangements?

project
    Free Member

Open out doors are better than open in doors,fit hinge bolts,use a solid door blank,not a fire door as theyre just chipboard inside,fit 2 x mortice deadlocks 1/3 – 2/3 on door height, steel bar down face of frame and also over locks bolted through frame.

Also whats the roof made of, can it be lifted off etc.

luket

We just fitted a steel door to an outbuilding. It was as expensive as a bike but when I compared it with wooden doors the price difference was pretty small. It’s a big door too and dead easy to fit. I did it to minimise future maintenance really but I think it would be very secure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Outbuilding doors ideas’ is closed to new replies.