Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Out to tender – tarmac Stanage Long Causeway.
  • cuckoo
    Free Member

Why are DCC wasting the very limited Environmental Services budget on rubbish like this?

If they want to improve multi-user routes why not spend the money on actually building some of the greenways that remaining as coloured lines on a map in their “greenway strategy” documents.

In my own area the East Derbyshire Greenway Strategy was drawn up as long ago as 1998 but very little has been delivered over 15 years later. I am left on the ever busier main roads still dodging careless drivers on my commute as there is apparently no money to link up the off-road routes. Yet they can find funding for stuff like this (many other routes have been similarly “improved”).

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Quick answer to cuckoo – it’s all about liability and section 56 notices. Individuals appear to be able to use them to force DCC to take action if there is a possibility of liability. Full explanation on peakdistrictmtb website. I suspect that, from conversations with DCC, that the horse riding lobby is better connected, funded and organised than the MTB riders, we are trying but it’s all done as and when we can.

scandal42
    Free Member

Massive lolz and roflz at jumped up DCC sympathisers who actually think that outrageous monstrosity of a development makes the route more usable for the majority of access groups.

As a mountain biker with very keen walker family members I can assure you that no walker out in the peaks is looking to enjoy that piece of landscape ruining shit.

An absolute borefest for all concerned, will the council be taking a brown envelope off Tescos for a metro store there next?

skellnonch
    Free Member

Did the Stanage ride over the weekend, had no idea they had done this until I came over the brow and saw a motorway, such a shame, I agree with the others above those drainage ditches are gonna catch some out and at the speed you can potentially pick up on the way down I doubt it will pretty.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Out to tender – tarmac Stanage Long Causeway.’ is closed to new replies.