Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Out of town accommodation in/ near Morzine, Les Gets- Portes du Soleil
  • Ambrose

Well- I have a quandary.

Needing my annual Alps fix, but suffering from an uncertain job we are looking for a cheaper alternative to our usual chalet/ apartment style stay in PDS. We REALLY do not want to camp, not for the fortnight. Ferry is already booked, will arrive in PdS on Aug 16th.

We’ve stayed in and around Morzine before, and Les Gets. I preferred Les Gets, but Morzine is betterer if you miss the last lift!

Anyone ever stayed in St Jean D’Aulps? Any other suggestions? A family of three, Mum, Dad and 15y.o son all into XC riding. All could do with being fitter, so really loving as much uplift as possible. Anyone have any experience of the caravaniege at Camping Les Marmottes in Essert Romand?

Did I say I don’t want to camp?

We are driving, taking the Berlingo-bongo to visit its rellies 🙂

Ta in advance, Ambrose

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Stayed in Les Gets twice. Both times we used owners direct web site. Have you had a look there?

Stayed here once

Clicky

Can’t find the other.

funkynick

Another vote for using the Owners Direct website… I’ve just booked an apartment for a few days near St Jean D’Aulps through them and the choice on the website seems to be a lot better than anywhere else I looked, with stuff going from silly expensive to reasonably cheap.

No experience of staying there though as this will be the first trip to the area…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1 for owners direct, from the last time I was there (few years) avoid Morzine Lets as they are sky high prices.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

avoid Morzine Lets as they are sky high prices.

Fair point, we paid £400 a few years ago, now the same chalet is £700. 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and if you have the balls on owners direct call on the way to the ferry…. did the same for a spain climbing trip and got a sizable discount (had 3 properties lined up and would have paid asking price anyway)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Great campsite in Les Gets on the Mont Chery side.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Great campsite in Les Gets on the Mont Chery side.

Only if you can get back to it via a lift…. (lovely spot though)

Digger90
    Free Member

A mate of mine owns this chalet about 1.5kms out of Morzine and the cost is very, very reasonable – his name is Mark http://www.chaletlesabot.com/

turbo1397
    Free Member

stayed in st jean d’aulps recently when out there boarding. ideal location in my opinion, 10min to les get and 10min to morzine.. i booked a chalet through owners direct as others above have.. there was 8 of us and it came in at £100 each, which in the height of the season was a great price and the chalet was stunning!

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive stayed at La Grande Terche at St Jean d’aulpes
    http://grandeterche.com/accomodation.htm

reasonable accommodation. Lots of owner lets. Can be contacted through that website.

I like it round Lac Montriond as well, but not sure what accommodation is on offer in the summer seasons.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

MikeWSmith well yes, but you get the Mont Cherie lift up and DH into the campsite … or just ride up the road it isn’t as horrific as you think but for a cheap holiday it’s worth it! The baguette mans comes in the morning with his fresh bread, croissants etc, there’s a chalet attached with nice hot water, table tennis and cooking facilities if you wanted them. it’s ace there.
    Lac Montriond is a little bit further out again though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Couldn’t work out the decent into the campsite last time I was there (few years now) but if you could would do that one again, great views

texas
    Free Member

Although not Morzine or Les Gets, its Linked… have you looked at Chatel?

The tourist board do stupid offers on accomodation plus lift pass…

The week I am looking at its 135euros per person, per week, including the lift pass and an appartment for the week… Check out http://www.chateltour.com
    Chatel tour

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Out of town accommodation in/ near Morzine, Les Gets- Portes du Soleil’ is closed to new replies.