Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 2,093 total)
  • Out of the darkness and into soccerball season 2021/22
  • dazh

Oh they’re popular, just not for the things you assume, and not in the numbers.

binners

binners

Well, we’re nothing if not predictable

One down in the first 15 minutes

EDIT: 2 down in 30 minutes. Sunday league defending. It’s just embarrassing

Caher

Wel it’s consistent. 2 after 30 minutes.

binners

Going out, finishing bottom of the group by the looks of things at the moment.

I suspect Mo Salah might be rather looking forward to playing against this defence on Sunday

I thought the whole point of starting with McFred was that it was a more defensive midfield.

That’s going well, isn’t it?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

You’ll beat Liverpool on Sunday and Ole will be the messiah again, for another few games at least, before the cycle repeats.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

This is brilliant 🤩.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Actually it’s bad … nice 2-2 draw now would be ideal .. Ole in

Caher

Steve Bruce is available? Just saying like.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I don’t think Bruce will consider a job that low … think of his family

binners

We’ll need Big Sam at this rate

binners

This new kids not bad

binners

If we ever bothered to show up for a first half, we’d be awesome

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Ole in etc. Great comeback and he’ll come out with all the usual United cliches for sure. Making heavy weather of the easiest champions league group by a country mile but if it keeps him in the job I’m happy.

Klunk
    Free Member

Norwich are going for lowest point count record…. Jorginho has the cigars out strolling around like a charity game. 3 academy players on the scoresheet for Chelsea.

binners

7? Blimey, that’s a proper shoeing!

Looks like Watford are in for another tough day at the office too

theotherjonv

great shout Binners!

binners

My predictions are up to their usual standard then? 😃

The bookies bloody love me for a very good reason

Some bonkers scores today. I’m loving this season so far, despite us looking like Europa League candidates. Tomorrow’s going to be interesting

scuttler

Police are responding to complaint that the banner was ‘offensive’. Hahahahaha.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/23/callum-wilson-is-the-best-natural-finisher-ive-worked-with

MoreCashThanDash

Police are responding to complaint that the banner was ‘offensive’.

That’s an interesting one. Truth hurts.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I wonder if non Newcastle fans will ever let this fade away. Will we see constant banners and hear songs every Newcastle away tie.
    Interesting what the short medium and long reactions from all parties, police, premier league, Newcastle fans and owners, will be if feelings continue to be made.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

That banner is brilliant!

United v Liverpool could be a goal fest today! Liverpool look good going forward again but are letting in a few. So 0-0 then?!

binners

Yip. Got my scouse brethren round for the match later. We’ve both agreed that with Salah presently pretty much unplayable, two shaky looking defences, and with our second half goal flurry the other night, plus all the usual hype, this ones got nil nil written all over it!

binners

This mornings Observer has the most on-the-money article about United I’ve ever read, which details pretty accurately where we are as a club under this ownership and why their priorities mean that actually winning stuff isn’t even really a priority

Solskjær the perfect frontman for United’s era of endless new dawns – Liverpool clash is being billed as make-or-break but that is typical of club where everything happens but nothing changes

What is important to note is that none of this is remotely contingent on United winning things here and now. The silverware has already been won; the myths forged; the brand established. If you can monetise the treble-winning side in China 22 years later, then you can probably keep doing it for another 22. All the machine really requires to keep it running is Champions League football every year, a steady supply of heroics and the idea that on some level United are still engaged in the “pursuit of excellence”.

As a United fan it’s a thoroughly depressing read as it just confirms what we’ve all known for years. The owners don’t give a toss about what goes on on the pitch really, they exist to simply rinse as much cash out of ‘the brand’ (whatever that is?) as possible

It’s not so much a football club any more. It’s a theme park

binners

Spursy

Klunk
    Free Member

oh dear 2 down in 13 mins

grum
    Free Member

The old ‘go two goals down’ strategy again eh!

Klunk
    Free Member

Defensive rankings for United this season:

Clean sheets – 18th

Tackles per game – 20th

Errors leading to shots – 20th

That is awful.

Klunk
    Free Member

binners

The old ‘go two goals down’ strategy again eh!

It’s our comfort zone

Klunk
    Free Member

oh dear oh dear this is abysmal

grum
    Free Member

Jeezo. Ole out yet binners?

Great to see Keita looking a lot sharper this season. I wasn’t sure he was good enough tbh.

MSP

Oh FFS liverpool, you’re going to get Ole sacked at this rate, at least let them have some hope.

Philby

dear oh dear this is abysmal

No it’s great watching Man Utd’s myth being destroyed in full view of a worldwide audience.

grum
    Free Member

The initial tackle was worthy of a red in itself. Ronaldo is very lucky there.

Klunk
    Free Member

too **** easy

Philby

Steve Bruce is available!

MSP

The initial tackle was worthy of a red in itself. Ronaldo is very lucky there.

The first tackle was a yellow no where near a red, but how he doesn’t go off for kicking out like that I have no clue.

grum
    Free Member

🤣🤣🤣🤣

grum
    Free Member

The first tackle was a yellow no where near a red

Wild tackle from behind, nowhere near the ball, take a player out and knock him to the ground? I dunno

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 2,093 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.