Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 439 total)
  • Out of the darkness and into soccerball season 2021/22
  • Premier Icon martinhutch

Arsenal are a total shambles of a club. They’re bottom and thoroughly deserve to be so. The only challenge anyone made on a City player for the whole 90 minutes resulted in a straight red card. Absolutely pitiful!

Have you got some quids on Arteta not making it past game six?

Premier Icon binners

I don’t think you’d get very good odds on him being the first manager for the sack.

Edit: just had a look and the bookies have got him at 4/9 to be the first to go, so they clearly think it’s a nailed on certainty

The nearest other contender is Ralph Hassenhuttl at 14/1

Premier Icon binners

He’s waiting for the call…

Fair play to the Arsenal fans though

😂

Premier Icon grum

Chelsea have completely lost their shit here. Not sure what they think they will achieve by carrying on whining at the ref.

Premier Icon binners

They were probably just pointing out how funny Jordon Henderson’s ‘Hard Man’ routine was 😂

Premier Icon argee

Was a weird VAR one, referee walked over, looked at a still frame of the ball on hand and then walked away and gave the penalty and red card, if he’d watched the knee to ball i’d say he might have given a penalty and yellow, as it wasn’t a clear goalscoring chance once it came off the knee.

Premier Icon binners

LiVARpool, innit?

Premier Icon dc1988
    Free Member

I won’t claim to know the rules but I read that handball on the line is a red regardless of how it happens

Premier Icon grum

It did seem very quick after going to the monitor – I didn’t see that the ref had only looked at a still frame.

It looked to me (and the commentators) like the issue was the way James appears to try and scoop the ball out with his arm after it came off his knee.

Premier Icon theotherjonv

it’s a bit catch 22. The laws say that if he prevents a goal or DOGSO by handball then it’s automatically a red card.

They also say that balls kicked or deflected onto the hand, where hand is in a natural position are not handball.

The question is whether his hand was in a natural position? Was it really a deliberate handball? If not then it’s not even handball and therefore no penalty. But that wouldn’t be ‘fair’ either, he stopped the ball going in with his arm.

So you declare it handball and then it becomes an automatic red card. There is no yellow card or no card option, it’s all or nothing.

Premier Icon grum

Blatant playacting from Azpilacueta there, scummy. If someone goes down clutching their face with literally no contact, why isn’t VAR going back and punishing it?

Premier Icon binners

Given that Fabinho somehow went the whole match without a card I don’t think you’ve much call to be complaining about the refereeing. Not that that’ll stop Klippity, I’m sure. Wasn’t he whining only last week about cards not being given for repeated OTT challenges?

A ten man Chelsea were the polar opposite of a ten man Arsenal today. They dealt with you comfortably. They played you. Hate to say it, but they look scarily good.

Premier Icon grum

Predictable whataboutery.

They dealt with you comfortably.

A well-organised team parking the bus and timewasting successfully isn’t really particularly impressive. Liverpool could have broken them down better perhaps.

Premier Icon binners

They were down to ten men, away at Anfield, yet limited you to pot shots from distance and still created chances themselves

You may not think that’s particularly impressive. I did. Especially after watching a team down to ten men absolutely go to pieces earlier. That Chelsea display was textbook in how you play with a man down. Credit where it’s due. Azpilicueta Was superb

It was a great match though. Entertaining stuff! Better if it’d been 11 v 11.

A draw is the best result for us 😃

Premier Icon grum

It was a good game. I thought Chelsea did defend well, and Liverpool were a bit toothless but I look forward to when Burnley next successfully park the bus and everyone talks them up as title contenders as a result!

I feel like Mane isn’t looking anywhere near as deadly as previous seasons, he used to look unplayable at times.

Premier Icon binners

When you’re down to ten men, what else is any team going to do than go full Mourhino? Setting out to park the bus and doing it effectively are two different things though. Ask Arteta.

The fact they did it so comfortably and still hit you on the break looks like a problem for you, not them.

Mane wasn’t great the back of last season either. A lot of his shots threatened the corner flag or anyone sat in Row Z more than they did the keeper. Agree with you that he was lethal the season before. He was a shadow of that last season

So who do you think will threaten City this season? I’d say Chelsea, if anyone. Or can anyone come to Anfield, go down to ten men and still get a comfortable draw then?

It’ll be interesting to see which United show up tomorrow to see where we are in the grand scheme of things

Premier Icon grum

So who do you think will threaten City this season? I’d say Chelsea, if anyone. Or can anyone come to Anfield, go down to ten men and still get a comfortable draw then?

I don’t think anyone will, realistically, but yeah Chelsea probably most likely. I think United have got a great squad now but I still don’t think Ole is up to the job tactically.

Premier Icon binners

We won’t be title contenders, that’s for sure.

Thing is with Ole is that he’s still learning on the job and we all love him because he’s a bloody legend. He’s a big improvement on what came before, he’s signed some great players and we’re (inconsistently) playing good attacking football.

We’re sort of living in hope, have no desire to look for a new manager, want to give him time as the direction of travel is good, but we know we’re a long way off Citeh

Come on…. Give him some credit. His half time team talks must be epic! We’re normally two down by that point, but keep winning 😂

Anyway… Citeh have got no real centre forward and they’re not even bothered because anyone on the pitch can score. As they showed today. And then you look at their bench.

Premier Icon dc1988
    Free Member

Mane was rubbish last season, talk was he was tired and needed a proper break which he had this summer. I’m starting to think he’s lost it. Given Firmino is also well off the pace, I think Liverpool badly need some attacking backup

Premier Icon Caher

As a non affiliated football fan (well Reading excepted) I’ve always had a soft spot for Arsenal. I never forget, open-mouthed watching in 1989 when they beat Liverpool at their impenetrable fortress. But sadly their philosophy seems to be style over substance and I’m afraid this is a legacy of the latter years of Wenger.
    The they need another George Graham.

Premier Icon shortbread_fanylion

Ole’s had 2.5 yrs binners – and spent loads. Somethings wrong if you aren’t title contenders this year and you’re satisfied with that. Or is an increase in Man U toothpaste sales in Singapore enough to constitute a good season?

I’m also worried about Chelsea – they look solid! Although VVD and Matip showed how to look after Lukaku.

Premier Icon binners

I know I get tired of saying it, but the problems at United are little to do with the manager. The clubs owners are parasites who couldn’t give a shit if they were running a football club or selling vacuum cleaners. They’re just trying to extract as much cash for themselves as possible.

We’re realists. This is as good as it’s going to get for us while those ****s are still at the helm.

How can we compete with a club who’s owners are the opposite? It’s not just about the money, it’s the mindset

Our club is just a cash cow for a gang of American leeches. City is a billboard for Middle Eastern Murderers with unlimited funds to make people not think of them as Middle Eastern murderers. They don’t care what it costs

Premier Icon Caher

Blimey, I’d like to see how powerful Man U would be without these “blood suckers”. Many clubs can only dream of that buying power.

Premier Icon binners

When the Glazers bought United, with borrowed money that they then loaded onto the club, making their debt it’s debt, United were profitable and debt-free

Since then they’ve been saddled with servicing billions of debt, propping up their other failing businesses and paying the hundreds of millions they award themselves in ‘consulting fees’

So everything’s relative

Go to Old Trafford and see how the stadium compares to Spurs or Citeh. It’s embarrassing

Where we sit, if you go for a beer at half time, it’ll be warm because the fridges don’t work. They’ve been broken for about 4 seasons now. Do you think Joel Glazer gives a shit?

That to me sums up their attitude to the club and the fans. As the rain comes in through the knackered roof of the stands, and in Manchester it ALWAYS rains, they couldn’t give a flying ****

Premier Icon grum

I know I get tired of saying it, but the problems at United are little to do with the manager.

I get the point about debts and extracting money etc but how United have spent loads. Liverpool managed to walk the title spending much less, I don’t get why you’re happy not expecting to challenge for the title.

You’ve now got Pogba, Sancho, Ronaldo, Fernandes, Cavanni – even Maguire is looking good. If you had a manager with some nous you’d be well in contention imo.

Premier Icon Caher

Fair enough. Up until recently Reading were one of the best run clubs in the sub Premier League until we got a dodgy son of of dodgy Russian oligarch who was broke. Then we got the only Chinese industrialist who made useless zinc buckets. We’re also depressed.

Premier Icon binners

We’re at the point of years, well over a decade – of catastrophic mismanagement and parasitic money-leeching

So you can’t make the comparison with other clubs. You have to ask where we’d be if we hadn’t been owned by these shysters.

Not where we are now, that’s for sure

Everything is viewed through the prism of how little they can spend while maintaining ‘the brand’ while extracting the most money for themselves

You must know this from having Stadler and Waldorf in charge? Reckon you’d have had Klopp in charge and a final title (after 30 years) if they’d still have been your owners? Of course not! You’d be finishing 7th again

Premier Icon grum

Another hideous Man U away kit, they won’t win owt in that!

Premier Icon binners

The bloody awful kit is the least of our worries at the moment

Nice to see our tradition from last season of refusing to turn up for the first half is still going strong.

If they had shooting boots on, we’d going in at half time with our usual two goal deficit

Premier Icon binners

We’ll god only knows how we got away with that?

De Gea was out man of the match. Fred was definitely theirs. He’s an absolute bloody liability!

A new record – 28 away games undefeated – and I’m as mystified as anyone as to how we’ve managed it 😳

Premier Icon bungle

COYS !
    Just saying

Premier Icon binners

Always a joy to see Graeme Souness really really pissed off.

It’s a bit rich listening to him moaning about ‘physical’ challenges

Premier Icon shortbread_fanylion

It’s the sign of champions Binners, playing rubbish and winning!

Premier Icon Caher

I did like Souness back in the day, Intimidating and and a very good player.

Premier Icon Caher

Messi’s on for PSG

Premier Icon chestrockwell

Must admit it really is something seeing binners complain about the owners while spending more on wages and transfers than virtually every other team! Glazers are honking but give it a rest!

Speaking about honking, anyone see Burnley today? No wonder no one else wants Dyche, he plays anti-football and Ashley Barnes is an utter disgrace. Saying that, Leeds were poor and probably lucky to get a draw. Some of the Championship side have worryingly reverted to Championship standard and with no real investment (after 100m last summer) it could be a long season.

Premier Icon Caher

So was Daniel James sold just to give Ronaldo the number 7 shirt?
    Cavani wears number 21 for Uruguay, which James used to wear, this would then free up the number 7.

Premier Icon seosamh77

binners

Everything is viewed through the prism of how little they can spend

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985

😆

Premier Icon grum

So Man U have spent more this season than Liverpool have in the last 3 seasons combined (in which time Liverpool have won the CL and the PL). But somehow the Glazers are the problem and the manager is doing fine. Ooooooook then…

Premier Icon binners

*sigh*

How many times do we have to go over this? Yet again it would appear. It’s not about ‘absolute’ amounts.

The problem isn’t the amount of money being thrown around (they’re making plenty as United is a huge money-generating machine, but they’re still sucking hundreds of millions out of the club for themselves), it’s the totally incomprehensible manner in which it’s being spent.

With Klopp at Liverpool there’s a philosophy and direction and players are obviously bought in to fit into a system. The manager is calling the shots

At United it’s completely scattergun, with no comprehensible strategy to anything at all. It’s clear that transfers are decided in the boardroom and not by the manager, mainly on the strength of replica kit sales. We need a decent holding midfielder (in fact, we need two)… let’s buy another forward instead

How else do you explain the ludicrous Sanchez transfer? Or Van De Beek not figuring at all in Ole’s plans but him arriving anyway, playing for about 5 minutes, and now apparently going out on loan.

The club is just appallingly mismanaged

But fair play to Arsenal. They’ve looked at that particular business model and said “hold my beer…”.

They’ve spent more than us, haven’t they?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 439 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.