Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Out of rolls………… (Bacon Sarnie content)
  • deus

Went to the Hub for some post Inners and GT vitals and there's a wee sign saying "out of rolls", the person in front of me asks for a bacon roll and they say sorry no rolls, i then ask for a bacon sandwich, and they again say sorry no rolls, no says i, i want bacon between 2 slices of bread, we can't do that.
    so i had to have a flapjack (which was very nice).

Anyway, surely the bread product is irrelevant, you don't buy a bacon roll for the roll, you buy it for the of bacon in a convenient grease catching, yet edible, holder.

I mean, coming from the country that invented the deep fried marsbar and pizza crunch, you'd think this wouldn't be too hard a leap of the imagination?
    They'd buy saturated fat in a can if someone thought to produce it!!!!

i was so insensed and furious that i bought and ate an entire packet of pork scratchings. then had a curry when i got home, i feel a little unwell.

coogan
    Free Member

GT was mobbed today. Which I didn't mind as I stood waiting trying to figure what to eat I came to the conclusion that The Hub is a rip off. £2 for a slice of millionares shortbread? £3.20 for beans on toast? I left.

GW
    Free Member

the Hub hasn't been worth eating in since they stopped doing Bacon bagguettes. (hasn't stopped me mind)

Stu_N

I couldn't get a roll and Lorne sausage at 1330. Gutted.

FWIW I don't think The Hub is particularly expensive (and given how busy it is they could easily charge more). They serve quality stuff and I'd rather pay a pound extra for nice beans and a tasty egg on decent bread and a decent coffee than save a pound and eat crap stuff I'd never cook for myself.

If you don't like the prices you can BYO or go elsewhere.

coogan
    Free Member

I did go elsewhere. They serve good food, I'm not denying that, but it's no better than anywhere else. And a portion of beans on toast I got at one of the Welsh trail centres was vast and cheaper in comparison.

Stu_N

How much would petrol from Glentress to Glyncorwig be though?

Presumably more than the difference between the beans and toast?

😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Out of rolls………… (Bacon Sarnie content)’ is closed to new replies.