Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Out of a cast…..what next?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Right guys….. I am hoping someone has gone through something similar or just has some really good advice?

I have been in a cast on my lower leg & foot for the last 5 months (after a pretty bad MTB accident!) and I was finally set free on Friday!

The problem I have is my Ankle & Achilles is sooooooo painful to walk on….I assume it is just a case of NO use for the last 5 months has led to them seizing up? Is there some really good exercises or tips you guys have that may help?

I am desperate to get on my new build and get riding again! Pleeeease help!

Cheers
    Leon

uplink
    Free Member

Surely your physio has given you some exercises?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Nope! Haven't see a physio yet, I have been referred but the pain is happening now, so want to start getting things moving asap.

qwerty
    Free Member

"shake it like a polaroid picture"

tod456
    Free Member

My only advice is take it easy ….i had my cast off last monday and my ankle still hurts like **** and i 'only' had a cast on for 6 weeks after breaking my fib, so i wish you luck!!!

ltheisinger
    Free Member

qwerty – Member

"shake it like a polaroid picture"

Funny enough I know exactly what you mean! 😀

tod456 – Member

My only advice is take it easy ….i had my cast off last monday and my ankle still hurts like **** and i 'only' had a cast on for 6 weeks after breaking my fib, so i wish you luck!!!

Gutted for you too buddy….because I know exactly how it feels! Quick recovery to you too mate. Thx. 🙂

99percentchimp
    Free Member

I had a cast off after 8 weeks (foot left in a gritstone jamming crag as rest of body fell backwards with limited style points, snapping ankle!) and in the last weeks in cast I'd been walking miles in the Peaks (with a carrier bag on to keep my toes clean) so I assumed that once it was off I'd jog out of the hospital so (I guess like you) I was shocked by the pain….

The only thing I can say is take it easy in the first week or so and then stick religiously to your physio advice once you get it. My ankle has never suffered since and seems stronger for the physio (even running off-road etc.).

Good luck and be patient (no pun intended!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Out of a cast…..what next?’ is closed to new replies.