Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Our cat's been missing for 5 days – should we fear the worst?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, I get worried very time mine dont come home at night, but they usually turn up.

This site may chear you up: Simons Cat Videos

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q&feature=player_embedded[/video]

JulianA
    Free Member

So sorry to hear your news. It’s so hard losing a pet. We lost one of ours in June so I know how you must be feeling.

Julian

mashiehood
    Free Member

RIP Spook Starship 🙁

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Went through the same about 4 yrs ago…. luckily a fella knocked on our door early one morning…. think he had moved ours to the verge. Sad day. Thoughts are with you.

RIP Spook….

Houns

Gutted for you i really am 🙁

I won’t go into what happened to me on Tuesday as i don’t think it’ll make you feel any better, i’ll tell it another time

RIP Spook

JulianA
    Free Member

Cleo

and Travis

are sorry too.

Your hurt will pass and be replaced by happy memories, I’m sure. So sorry you had the uncertainty to go through.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

🙁

As you say though, at least you know now.

And I think hora is right about it being quick – cats will always, one way or another, try to get straight home if seriously/mortally wounded. The fact that your Spook didn’t, suggests that it was very quick.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Thanks for all your words of support and condolences.

I know “he was only a cat” but me and mrs. S don’t have children and Spook was one of our family.

It’s a tidgy event in the whole scheme of life but for now at least, the pain is very real.

Ta again.

DS

jordie
    Free Member

sorry to hear that i know what you are going through we had to get our cat put to sleep on monday our house seems so different without her 🙁 try and remember all the good times you had with them

JulianA
    Free Member

He was NOT ‘only a cat’, he was very special to you and part of your family. Cleo’s previous human said that about her and that’s one of the (many) reasons I’m falling out with him.

We have no kids either and ours are part of our family too.

Glad you have some closure, at least. Sorry for your hurt – it does go away (but that’s no consolation right now, I know).

When we lost Chicago it hurt like anything. Looking for a rescue cat when the time is right really helps if and when you want another family member.

scraprider
    Free Member

oh dear,not just a cat , but your cat and a family member, we got 3 of the furry buggers and luv em to bits, in time you will feel better, all the best mr and mrs scraprider .

Bunnyhop

Derek this is very sad indeed.

When our cat was killed in a road accident, we were lucky to find her very near our house and totally in one piece. We carried her into the garden and she got buried under our cherry tree.

There was a slightly funny side, as that evening my father came home from work to find 3 blubbering females on the settee, he instantly knew that puss had been squashed (not literally).

Hope you and ‘M’ get another kitten soon. It won’t replace ‘spook’starship of course but it will help.

bunnyhop x

bigyinn
    Free Member

aaaw bugger, had my fingers crossed he was out on a pre winter shagfest! Always sad to lose a pet, my condolences.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Our cat's been missing for 5 days – should we fear the worst?’ is closed to new replies.