OUCH!!!!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • OUCH!!!!
  • toxicsoks

Just completed analysing some samples from a poor chap with the clinical details – “Multiple traumatic attempts at catheterisation”
    Not good, really, not good.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Also not good is posting details of a patient, no matter how brief, when you name and location or in your profile.

toxicsoks

Did I name him?
    Did I give my particular, working, location?
    No.
    So I think Information Governance is intact, don’t you?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

It’s not information I’d share on a public forum when my name is clearly visible.

toxicsoks

Not a full name. Very circumspect, me. Lighten up.

ton

explain ‘multiple attempts at catheterisation’ please.

Premier Icon aracer

Personally I’m more bothered that you overworked NHS slaves have time to post on STW whilst “working”.

toxicsoks

ton – Member
    explain ‘multiple attempts at catheterisation’ please

I’d rather not.
    Google it.

toxicsoks

aracer – Member
    Personally I’m more bothered that you overworked NHS slaves have time to post on STW whilst “working”.

Statutory 30min meal break – 1st one since 11am – back to work now.

cheekyboy

Oh dear, poor chap, hope he recovers and learns something from this.

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

I’m guessing (hoping) it’s not self inflicted though – and therefore something that could potentially happen to any of us (males)?

As far as information governance goes there’s no way of identifying patient from that is there? Don’t want to start too much of a debate or anything, but just curious as I can see both sides here! If there’s any doubt don’t post it I suppose!
    (I got 100% on IG e-learning thing before I started volunteering at local hospital but that was a while ago!)

That sounds awful for the poor chap though!

yossarian

Sticking stuff up your Japs eye? We’ve all done it haven’t we?

It’s the “multiple” that keeps making me cross my legs.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

No patient identifiable information Becky but his name and initial and job area is there, it doesn’t take too much for employers to identify staff and some really don’t take this sort of information being made public.

I get 100% every year as it’s common sense. 😀

tazzymtb

having seen a meatotomy large enough to fit a another mans chap in, even a bungled catheterisation doesn’t make me wince too much

Whilst we might be able to identify Dr ToxicSoks from our internet detecting, that wouldn’t allow us to identify the patient in question. So it’s no different from meeting said Doctor at a social function, and this humorous anecdote coming up on conversation.

I must say that I’m wincing just thinking of it, though (the multiple attempts, rather than the internet detecting).

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I have no useful contribution to make and before Daily Mail “Irresponsible NHS employee leaves patient details in cycle forum foyer” headline appears in the paper.

Watch out TS, the physio might be tempted to sell her story off the back of it 😉

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

It’s exactly the same yes, something that’s meant to shared but this is also a public forum not a few lads in the pub.

watsontony

so just to be clear. this guy has tryed storing multiple items in his japs eye? im not sure from a quick google search

Sticking stuff up your Japs eye? We’ve all done it haven’t we?

No.

Just No.

Premier Icon Nipper99

Has someone reported this post to the moderator or are the moderators now taking proactive steps in advising other on what to say or do.

Premier Icon aracer

Has someone reported this post to the moderator

Why not ask? Drac, has anybody reported this to you?

No, of course, this is Drac, he sees a problem in the OP but completely fails to see the use of the racially derogartory term, Jap.

I’d report it, but I know how pointless it would be.

CM, to be fair to Drac, he has previous when it comes to stereotyping of Orientals.

You’re on form tonight, Y Darc! 😀

patriotpro

Drac has a point in that the OP has breached patient confidentiality in the absolute sense.

Oh, do get over yourselves!

Someone from Yorkshire (A rather large Empire county) reports this, without any real secondary identifiers.

If Drac had really given a shit, why didn’t he just shut it down and delete it?

MS

Can you identify the patient from the OP. Answer is NO…so could be anyone!

Some people…

watsontony

If Drac had really given a shit, why didn’t he just shut it down and delete it?

Therefor he must have been trolling in a sense

Premier Icon luffy105
    Subscriber

CFH, I think you’ll find that you are incorrect and that Yorkshire is correctly known as God’s Country. 😆

Calm down, it was me, and it actually felt pretty good although I did have to change my username.

tazzymtb

t Yorkshire is correctly known as God’s Country

but god doesn’t exist… therefore neither does Yorkshire, it must just be an extension of Lancashire after all

warton

Check out the spoof Bruce Forsyth account on twitter if you want to see some pictures of blokes sticking all sorts up, ahem, there. Amongst other unspeakable pictures.

I must warn you, it is truly, truly NSFW…

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber
    watsontony

DezB – Member

Just me?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

It was advice from one fellow NHS employee to another, nothing else.

Why didn’t i delete, well the OP seemed happy to leave his comment revealing a patients condition on a public forum.

… and you just decided to bump a 10 hour old thread which you didn’t agree with being posted in the first place?? 😕

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘OUCH!!!!’ is closed to new replies.