Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Other peoples animals damaging your property – what laws?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If someone else furry sh1t factory damages your property is the owner responsible?

Any idea how to find the owner of a cat other than by nailing the cat to the gate and waiting for someone to collect it?

Not satisfied with crapping everywhere one decided to use a garden sculpture (not the deer) as a way down from the fence and managed to knock it over and break it in the process. I saw the cat do it but was in the house so couldn’t stop it. Distinctive black and ginger thing that has been leaving sh1t and dead birds among the plants it flattens in the flowerbeds. Can you also claim for the cost in broken and damaged plants?

I am not a cat fan. 🙁

surfer
    Free Member

Not this little *ecker is it?

hilldodger
    Free Member

I don’t think cat owners have any liability for their vermin, had a similar problem and solved it with a ‘strong deterrent option’ = one of those jet power water pistol jobbies filled with a sticky sugar-water mix.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

LOL

You’re joking, shirley?

petrieboy

Surfer – your pooch needs to DTFU!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

You could claim for all of that.
    Of course you’d need acutal proof, rather than just your word to get anywhere.
    Anyway you think you’ve got problems, next door neighbor’s slugs have been eating my dahlia’s. And don’t talk to me about the pigeons from the farmer’s field nicking my strawberrries!

uplink
    Free Member

As above – I don’t believe cat owners can be held responsible for what their cats do

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

A few years ago we had a neighbours tom cat that persistently came through the catflap at night and apart from terrify our two cats it also sprayed urine in several places. We asked the owner if it wouldn’t be appropriate that she had him neutered as we suspected we weren’t the only people this cat visited every night. But her response was that surely she couldn’t do anything as cruel as that to him. Anyway we proceded by super-soaking the cat the next night with the heavy duty waterpistol for about 15 minutes on and off. He didn’t come back for 1 year. Wether that is more or less cruel than neutering I don’t know, but it worked.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Off to buy a super soaker!

zokes
    Free Member

One in my garden is very thick. Whilst trimming the hedge, I turned round to see him squatting about to crap on my lawn, so I went for him with the hedge sheers expecting him to move. He didn’t, and was very nearly a Manx cat. A week later I caught him at it again, and went to kick him, again expecting him to move. Again, he didn’t, and as a result very nearly ended up 2 gardens further down. On both occasions I nearly lost my balance avoiding him as he didn’t see me (he ran away once he worked out what nearly happened to him). Next time, i’m not going to risk landing on my arse and looking silly, so i’ll just go through with it if he’s thick enough not to see a great oaf lumbering towards him, and wants to crap in said great oaf’s garden, he’ll be a furry manx football by the end of the week….

Olly
    Free Member

i dont think they are liable.

dogs are property, the owners are liable, in the same vein, its illegal to kill one.
    (cause dogs are thick as muck)

i dont think cat “keepers” are liable, but you can do bad things too them.
    though the RSPCA will have your guts if you do.

cats rock, dogs are rubbish.

glenh
    Free Member

You have garden sculptures? Are you a Japanese emperor?

DrDolittle
    Free Member

xcgb
    Free Member

Sod the super soaker Paint ball gun man!
    You will know who owns it then

mt
    Free Member

cats and there owners the bigest wildlife killer in the country. Get a lurcher the cat will be dead. No mercy for cats, think of all the birds you’ll save. Infact it’s your duty.

timber

supersoaker with ‘chilli water’ mix then watch it preen itself…

Sandwich

Huskies are also good for permanent cat removal.

zaskar
    Free Member

Super soaker full of acid.

Cat pooped on my front door. Thanks a lot.

Then later a slug was trying to crawl over it…maybe it thought it was another slug…

I like cats just not their poop on my property.

Sandwich

Law of the jungle for cats. 😕

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Harm the cat and you could be prosecuted. Supersoaker with water is the best bet

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Saucer of antifreeze also does the trick.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shower it with invites to BBB. That’ll turn it off.

zokes
    Free Member

Encourage it to eat daffodil bulbs…

hora
    Free Member

WCA, borrow my Westie. Soft as sh*te round other terriers but he’ll hang onto cats/Staffs/birds etc. There are alot of cats in our area- none within 200m’s of our house though for some reason (i.e. scared of after a couple got too close and one didnt realise his turn of speed sideways)….and if anyone thinks cats are ‘loveable’. They play and kill with anything that they can find whilst their owners think their little balls of cuteness are out playing..

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Friend got tired of burying dead birds so bought a large Airedale, seem he now has to bury cats instead!

I on the other hand, use a super soaker with a mild orange poster paint solution, so the b*****d cat owners can clean the b*****d paint from their b*****d furniture whilst I clean up the b*****d cat poo from my garden.

hora
    Free Member

rogerthecat- you better be a bloody good shot though otherwise you’ll have an orange garden although…… tempt it up close with a piece of food then…..splat

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I’m profoundly colour blind so it blends with the orange grass 😀

hora
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hora – sorry but dogs are only one point up on may hate scale. I have never heard of a dog owner treading in bike sh1t. I have a Super Soaker now.

I don’t want to hurt the cats* so water is fine.

*Actually I do buit I am a moderate middle class, middle aged white bloke who’s idea of protest is a drive by tutting followed by extreme newpaper rustling so I wouldn’t hurt someone elses cat.

hora
    Free Member

Hi WCA, waves…still got the big merc?

zokes
    Free Member

hora – Member

Hi WCA, waves…still got the big merc?

If he has, I would reckon that moves a bit quicker than a cat. Use that?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

who’s idea of protest is a drive by tutting followed by extreme newpaper rustling

🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Other peoples animals damaging your property – what laws?’ is closed to new replies.