Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • OT; Woe is McLaren…
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

It dont rain at Mclaren… it pours,

Lewis fails to get into Q2 due to Suttils accident…
    But what on earth is wrong at Mclaren and this car they have.

Last years best car… McLaren
    Last years worts car … Honda

This years best car.. Brawn (Honda)
    This years worst car.. McLaren

How times change.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

honda stoped development on last years car fairly quickly once they realised it was pants, thus had plenty of time to build a great one this year.

McLaren had to develop the car continuously to stay ahead, so this years car would have been developed in the off season.

I wouldn’t be supprised if next year McLaren are top and brawn are back to mid pack anonymity.

SST
    Free Member

is 2 development teams per manufacturer too much to ask?

its only money after all 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yea, but say it took 50 people to develop a car

so i employed 100 and tol them to work o a car each, one for this year and one for next

but i started coming 2nd, so i put the second team into the first to help them allong…………….. etc etc etc

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Simple. Hamilton is not as great as the British press make him out to be, and does not in any way yet have the experience to turn that car into a winner, as Alonso did at Renault, Schumacher at Ferrari, and Senna at Lotus. Those drivers know what makes a car win; Hamilton took an already successful car, and won with that. Now McLaren aren’t winning, he does not in any way know how to make it faster.

jonjones13
    Free Member

Just shows how much of Lewis’ last year’s performance was due to the car….

Nice to see Nakajima having a decent car after all these years !

tyger
    Free Member

is not = isn’t
    does not in any way = doesn’t

English don’t you know 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Alonso hasn’t helped renault much in the last two seasons…
    You don’t half take something that’s probably partially true eg LH’s dev skills and take it to the extreme conclusion do you.. 🙄

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

hang on a minute, didnt Hammilton beat Alonso, in the same car?

nickc

Rudeboy in not know what he’s talking about shocker.

jonjones13
    Free Member

too many zz’s from rudeboy, someone of my age can’t understand what the f’ck he’s on about !! simplify baby….

CountZero

RB duzznt talk English, he’s from Lahndun. I can always understand what he’s on about, and I’m from Wiltshire. Just imagine everything he sez in a cockney accent. He won’t change the way he writes stuff on here, so don’t waste your time trying to make him. You’ll just make him worse. 😈
    [edit]what’s age got to do with anything? I’m 54, and I’m not having any problems.[/edit]

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Alonso was definitely hampered by McLaren, who favoured Hamilton. How else could a driver of Alonso’s calibre be half a second slower? No way- McLaren had their ‘favourite’, and were determined to get Ron Dennis’ protege onto the top seat. But, it backfired, as they’re cheating bastards.

Alonso dragged Renault up to two wins last season, in a shite car. And he won 2 WCs in a Renault.

It was Alonso’s/Raikkonen’s/Hakkinens experience that got the McLaren onto the front row. hamilton can’t put it back there.

He’s a great driver, but he’s still got a lot to learn. The British press hail him as some sort of Messiah, but the truth is, there’s probbly 4 or 5 drivers in F1 right now, that are as good, if not better. Vettel, for example. Massa was a better driver last year; let’s not forget; Hamilton fluked the WC, because Glock made a mistake.

Hamilton is up there with the best, but now is the time for him to really show how good he is. and he’s not doing so.

Senna took a shite Lotus to race wins. That was a proper driver…

Mind, I am pleased to see a lot less of LH’s dad’s shiny **** head this year!

That Pussycat Doll is paid to be LH’s girlfriend, so that people don’t think he’s gay.

Shall I have Pizza, or noodles and fish, for supper?

clubber
    Free Member

Kimi’s experience?! Lol! Do you know anything about f1 🙂 while kimi may well be capable of developping, he’s legendary for not being interested in it.

As for mclaren hampering alonso, do you honestly believe that? Why would you hire the guy who I reckon is currently the best in f1 and then risk not winning anything (as happened) by deliberately slowing him. Now if mac had been easily the best that year and for some bizarre reason they really had wanted to do that then ok but it was clear from the start of the season that it was going to be tight with ferrari. If you really still think that mac would have rather lh won than their star driver that would have kept their major spanish sponsor happy to the extent that despite the risk of winning nothing they’d slow him down then you’re even more deluded than i thought before.

Oh, and racist 😉

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

RudeBoy they say ingnorance is bliss. But you must be happier than most 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Where Hamilton finish today?

Oh dear.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Hamilton finished 3 places ahead of where he started.

Alonso finished 4 places down from his starting position (behind his team mate.)

oh dear!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hamilton however made no overtakes where the driver in front of him didn’t make a mistake and several mistakes himself.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Pizza. Every time.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

The whole race was an anti-climax, Button probably hoped for some attricion among the front runners, then with his 3rd set of tyres miraculously had some pace…
    If Barrichello wants more from his season then the performances should show it…
    Webber, I was there I was – but as usual last out the taxi…
    Ferrari… Whooooo ? planted themselves and stayed there ?
    Vettal, wanted a race but no one else could be bovvered…

Piss poor race all round.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Tandem – thats motorracing!

Button only won Turkey a couple of weeks ago, due to a mistake by Vettel on lap 1.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Summerisle – no thats F1. Other forms of motor racing you get overtaking. Try the last moto GP for an example. Or touring cars

druidh
    Free Member

TJ – if your opinion of F1 is so low, why bother watching it and why bother responding on this thread?

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

touring cars aint motor racing – its bumpercars for neanderthals.
    Matt Neal cannot make a pass without bashing into the others cars.

Least put it this way – i spend 99% of weekends on the side of a race track as a flag marshal.

Single seater racing (except for formula fords) is by its very nature a case of getting the driver in front to make a mistake, of some kind (be that selling him a dummy, running wide etc.) becasue the aero means you cant get close in the corners
    I was at Oulton Park yesterday for the legends, pickups, Sports Saloons, 2CVs, and MG races – and yes there was a brilliant days racing – but closed wheel racing is a whole different kettle of fish with cars able to run alot closer together

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1

the lord knows his onions

or to put it another way, F1 cars woud fall aprart if you overtook like they do in TC’s

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Druidh – I was hoping for some exciting racing. Rule changes this year were supposed to produce more overtaking. Earlier races even had a bit. I was disappointed.

I responded on this thread because there was discussion of the woes at Maclaran and I responded to comments about Hamilton.

Is that allowed?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Its as stated by McLaren, the sum of the parts = the whole car,
    the majority of the sum of the parts are under-performing on track but somehow look right in the windtunnel..
    the statement of “there is not enough time left this season to rectify the car” is true in the eyes of McLaren so they are biting the bullet this season.

GaryLake
    Free Member

as Alonso did at Renault

Yeah bloody sterling job he’s doing at the moment. I’m not sure he deserves that much credit for last seasons late surge and a lot of it was down to fortune and attrition and front runners tripping over each other.

Alonso’s/Raikkonen’s/Hakkinens experience that got the McLaren onto the front row

I think you’ll find it was Adrian Newey’s legacy still being relevant in the advent of only minor rule changes. First major rule change and look who’s at the front – RBR (Newey) and Brawn…

I honestly think the Mclaren is the worst car on the grid somewhat flattered by the drivers occasionally sticking it in the midfield.

Hamilton however made no overtakes where the driver in front of him didn’t make a mistake and several mistakes himself.

Were you even watching? Duelled with Alonso for about 15 mins before a great pass only to then be run off the road by off-piste BMW returning blinding to the track that thus allowed Alonso back through… *sigh*

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I saw one thing, the nature of Silverstone corners were too much for the rev limited racing car, on some cicuits should the rev limiter be de-activated so as to employ the potential of the circuit / driver to allow overtaking.
    As a lot of the corners are flat out getting onto the back of a car only to be handcuffed by the rev limiter is bonkers.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Shall I have Pizza, or noodles and fish, for supper?

Have a noodles and fish pizza.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah bloody sterling job he’s doing at the moment.

Well, better than Hamilton, so far…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Have a noodles and fish pizza.

Had fish noodles last night, pizza in oven for tonight.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Well, better than Hamilton, so far…

Is this just an “is”, “isn’t” kind of argument now then?

Looking at recent results, both drivers only seem to be going backwards at the moment so don’t claim Alonso to be some master class in car development… he’s doing no better or worse a job then Hamilton given their car’s performance from the off – at least the Renault looked promising from the off…

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘OT; Woe is McLaren…’ is closed to new replies.